I hit the proverbial consignment store jackpot

CoachCruiser

Jun 9, 2011
MA
My first new-to-me Bottega Veneta...from my research, I believe that the color is "walnut" and I was told that the retail price was around $1870...not sure if this makes the size the "small" or "medium." Also, please correct me if I'm wrong...I think this one is called the "Walnut Intrecciato Nappa Veneta...Hobo"(??!)...Barely used, immaculate suede interior, and came with the little mirror, authenticity cards, and dustbag. Went on sale yesterday (Friday) and I stood in line for an hour outside the consignment store on Newbury Street in Boston -- and it's a good thing I did, because 15 minutes after they opened and I purchased it, another woman called and wanted it.

I'm in the club! :biggrin: Very happy with the color, the beautiful, intricate weaving ("intrecciato") and the beautiful feel of the leather. Yeeey!!! Total came to about $1100 less than retail price, if not more. :cool:

Attachments

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
Apr 1, 2012
My first new-to-me Bottega Veneta...from my research, I believe that the color is "walnut" and I was told that the retail price was around $1870...not sure if this makes the size the "small" or "medium." Also, please correct me if I'm wrong...I think this one is called the "Walnut Intrecciato Nappa Veneta...Hobo"(??!)...Barely used, immaculate suede interior, and came with the little mirror, authenticity cards, and dustbag. Went on sale yesterday (Friday) and I stood in line for an hour outside the consignment store on Newbury Street in Boston -- and it's a good thing I did, because 15 minutes after they opened and I purchased it, another woman called and wanted it.

I'm in the club! :biggrin: Very happy with the color, the beautiful, intricate weaving ("intrecciato") and the beautiful feel of the leather. Yeeey!!! Total came to about $1100 less than retail price, if not more. :cool:
Congratulations!

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
It's beautiful. I think this is Walnut from several seasons ago. There should be a white tag inside the zippered pocket. Can you see what year is listed?

indiaink

Gone Gone Gone
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007

Wow. Just wow. It is stunning!

As another member has suggested, there is a white authenticity label inside the zipped pocket, sewn into the seam - I can tell you what color it is and the year it was created, if you post photos of the side with the numbers.

And yes - you got the name right.

Welcome to the BV club!

CoachCruiser

Jun 9, 2011
MA
Thank you all so much! My phone is too primitive to take closeup pics of the authenticity label (which I made sure to look for before buying), but I can give you the info:
-the first line of numbers 115653 V0013 2640
-the 2nd string says EPEV 2007 681A
Thanks for all your compliments and help! :smile:

indiaink

Gone Gone Gone
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
Thank you all so much! My phone is too primitive to take closeup pics of the authenticity label (which I made sure to look for before buying), but I can give you the info:
-the first line of numbers 115653 V0013 2640
-the 2nd string says EPEV 2007 681A
Thanks for all your compliments and help! :smile:
Actually, my list shows this color code to belong to "Camel", from the F/W 07/08 season.

I had a Cervo Hobo in Camel once, it's the most beautiful light tan - again, congrats on your purchase! What a great find!

CoachCruiser

Jun 9, 2011
MA
Wow, you're good! Thank you for all that info! I love knowing details like this about consignment bags. I think I lucked out, too :biggrin: So excited!

drowsy1

May 23, 2012
Beautiful find! May I ask what is the name of the store? I am moving to boston in a month and cannot wait to find out what the city has to offer!