I hit my own car!!

Oh man, that sucks!! I hope it can all get fixed quickly.

To empathize, a few years ago I had worked a few 12 hours days in a row and was absolutely fried. I was leaving our bldg downtown around 7:30pm with one of our recruiters and the parking garage was full of these huge, concrete columns painted cobalt blue. I'm sure you know where this is going.

Well, as I was backing up I must have literally dozed off because all of a sudden CRUNCH...I had backed into and sort of side swiped one of the columns! I unrolled my window, looked at the recruiter and we just started busting up laughing. What else can you do?

So, my lovely tan car had an even lovelier cobalt blue racing stripe on the side rear bumper for the longest time. Poo!

:flowers:

I did the same thing years ago in my parents driveway. I backed into my car with my parents car.

Then two years ago I was at their house, on my birthday, mailing my wedding invitations and my sister came over for lunch. She backed into my brand new Audi that was not less than a month old! She felt AWFUL! There was major damage :sad: .

Oh, drats, so something I would do. Depending on your deductable you might want to get a quote first. A new door should cost about 500 -600. You might want to take care of it yourself.

Same thing happened to my husband 2 weeks ago. He backed our H2 into his Porsche :wtf: Broad daylight.. his excuse was the kids in the backseat distracted him. The H2 didn't have a scratch & the Porsche, 3K in damages! Not a good matchup there. That poor car didn't have a chance:P

I'm still having a little fun with him.. Happens to the best of us!

I'm sorry you're going through this. I know what a pain it is. DH and I got into an accident 2 years ago and the insurance company made us go through hell to get our car fixed.

omg! Once you get the appraisal you might want to fix it yourself. No need having the insurance on your case for a $500-$600 dent. The end result is your insurance premium will be raised for the next 3 years! Hope you can work it all out. Glad you weren't hurt and still had a good laugh with your friends!