I *heart* Camellia - Reveal :)

Vanana

I could give up shopping, but I'm not a quitter.
Jun 28, 2015
Love Chanel classics. There are so many superb classic styles and I love collecting them all. However, a few are in my mind "classics of the classics" :smile:

For me, the classic Chanel "must have classics" are:
  • Classic Flaps (reissue 2.55 and timeless classic styles)
  • Tweed - more specifically, the Little Black Jacket (LBJ)
  • Two tone sling backs in beige with black toe caps
  • Pearl strand necklace & CC pearl earrings
  • Camellia brooch
I've been fortunate that since my rapid and passionate love affair with Chanel since 1.5 year ago, I've been able to complete my collection with these, and what I considered "extended classics" so I'm quite "Chanel happy" at the moment.

Just for kicks, here are what I personally consider "extended classics":
  • Chanel cashmere cardigan with contrast trim
  • Combat boots
  • CC brooch in classic simple styling and trim
  • Small CC crystal stud earrings
  • Boy bag
  • Mini O-case
  • Classic flap style card case
Now... back to the current topic at hand... I :heart: camellias!

Though I was able to check off the Camellia brooch off my must have classics list with the lucky encounter of "the ultimate camellia" brooch (I'm not trying to be dramatic, that's the name of the brooch)... it certainly was classic for sure (I mean, come on, look at the name :P) I always still wanted to also have a different classic camellia additionally.

So while I wasn't obsessive about it, the passive search was always continuing in the background waiting to encounter the perfect one(s) to snap up. :love: I sure don't "need" it, but always thought it would be so nice to encounter the right one(s) though...

See? I love Chanel camellias :lol:
20161221_132025.jpg

Now, since I'm a nutcase, I've done some research to learn more about what I love.
First, what kinds of Camellia shape do I love? I've decided that the following shapes are my personal favorites (disregard color of camellia in photos - showing for shape purpose). Color wise, I prefer soft off-white, blush pink, pink, or a "rich" textured material with deep color that is not black (e.g. dark Navy). Texture can be gained via material that're more substantial e.g. not silk.
light-pink-camellia-flower.jpg thI8LRKAXZ.jpg red-camellia.jpg Camellia%20x%20April%20Kiss.jpg Japanese%20Camellia%20seeds%20camellia%20japonica.jpg

I absolutely love my ultimate camellia brooch. It's the perfect color (champagne pale gold), different detail shapes and designs of different sized crystals and pearls for visual interest, shape and size of brooch... Very lucky to have encountered it as I know it rarely shows up anywhere.

It's low key, it matches EVERYTHING, and it is the perfect subtle low key Chanel that doesn't scream Chanel... and yet... so Chanel :cloud9:

However, it's not "soft" like the camellias you see in the photos before... :thinking:

Ultimate Camelia.jpg

So... I do my research of Chanel camellia brooches... literally pages and pages of camellia brooches from the past, but focusing on lambskin leather ones first. (I like tweed ones too but lambskin feel more timeless classic and more simple elegance to me so find myself wanting that more).

Another very important criteria... I also wanted to ensure it's something that is versatile and easy to wear/pair so I can wear it often. I do not want a huge complicated feathery camellia for example that I can only wear on special occasion or feel too glamourous that I hesitate to wear unless it's a special glam dress or something. It should be something that complements a suit jacket, cardigan, sweater, shirt, dress, etc. easily without worry that it "upstaged" the outfit or made it too awkward as if it made the outfit too dressy.

As examples from my research, I found the following few the most to my taste from Chanel camellias of seasons past. The navy with gold petal being the favorite.

65468fa143f2d691d122b8b9cebe085b.jpg Silver camelia.jpg

Now... this season (16P) had a standout camellia that I just LOVE. It's absolutely gorgeous! almost perfect. The almost is simply due to the wear-ability factor. It's stunning but I know it will be a "museum" piece for me. It will be worn for sure, but very rarely... like my jumbos...

I to be able to both admire and wear my Chanels - at the same time. Not admire OR wear. They simply cost too much for me to sit in my closet.

Now here's the standout camellia below that I unfortunately decided to pass on, but I know it's the right decision (I find with Chanels I am always better sticking to my set of "predefined criteria" :yes:

Gorgeous... isn't it? :girlsigh:

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 872
While I was tempted by the gold camellia, I saw something more promising. It was small in the photo and on a model as one of the 16P looks posted, but no matter how you try to enlarge the photo, it's just too small in the picture and it won't show clearly.

But I saw enough and think it so very promising that I know I want to take a chance...

I have the style # so I went to work to locate it and hunt it down.

Step 1: Contact my favorite SA - nope didn't order it and never saw this one
Step 2: Contact all my other SAs (I literally sent a small storm of texts) - nobody has it, never seen it, first time asked about it. ("do you have a picture?" they ask out of curiosity but as I mentioned it's impossible to see clearly from that small blurry photo.)
Step 3: Contact Chanel customer service to do a nation wide stock search of all boutiques and department stores - There was only one ordered in the entire US. What?! even the customer service person did a triple check as he was very surprised.

At this point, my most favorite SA reached out to me and told me that she located it and can get that one shipped to me. :heart: :hugs: :heart:

How does one say no to that? One does not. :nono:

and it promptly arrived already today waiting for me at home after work. Wrapped perfectly of course the Chanel way (though in all fairness my favorite SA is next level when it comes to wrapping up Chanel goods). :dothewave:
20170207_175700.jpg 20170207_175747.jpg

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Ok... so this is going to be photo-heavy reveal. Well if you've been paying attention so far... it's pretty much the prevailing theme on this thread :P Seriously camellias are sooooo pretty... can't help myself :biggrin:

Here it is... my new, and apparently the one and only in the US (hmmm I wonder if later on in season some boutique might do a round 2 of ordering? though I've never heard of that and thought they just order per season and then they just arrive in batches...?)...

The newest camellia to add to my collection... the 16P pink lambskin camellia brooch with gold CCs hardware. :love: :loveeyes:

Note: this photo taken under indoor florescent-ish (harsh) lighting (there will be more under different lighting to follow, of course).

tag info.jpg

Interesting design in the back that allows this camellia to be compatible and "inserted and turn-locked" onto some of the necklaces, belts and other custom jewelry released in 16P season.

back.jpg

Reactions: Sunfeather