I haven't gotten to this point yet but....

How do you feed you addiction?

• I just put it on plastic and worry later, it always works out.

• I can support my habit w/o any problems. I just buy it, no worries here.

• I get a lot of my Coach as gifts, my family and friends all know about my habit.

• I trade a lot of purses (and/or other things) to get what I want.

• I sell a few older ones that I don't use to keep feeding my need for new Coach.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Regardless of the bag coach/lv gucci I tend to sell off bags. I will get something new then go oh I dont use this one much so I sell it off. No point keeping something that you're not using.

Like my gold signature stripe in reality that bag only cost me 35$. Why I sold my lv agenda that i hadnt used in months because i'm using a palm treo. What better way to get a new bag :smile:

Otherwise I goes on plastic/paypal until the end of the month then it gets paid off in full.

In the past I have put them on a credit card but I have always sold off/returned another bag to get that bag. I have never wanted a huge collection and can only wear one at a time anyway. Plus for me it bothers me to look at a few bags and think of all the money sitting there.. but that's just me. :P

I agree with her, this pretty much sums up how I deal with Coach, also. I only want a small, but highly functional/beautiful collection. I also have a large baltic amber jewelry collection, sometimes I'll sell a necklace or two to get a Coach!

I guess for me it depends on how much I LOVE THE BAG.. sometimes I will sell or return things if they are to similar or I like one better than the other.. Ughh I hate this lol

this is a good post brutalangel as I could see how the need for new purses can get way out of hand. Even being on this board for a couple of days can in some ways make you feel as if you "need" more purses :smile: This is why I only buy at the outlets or on super sale. If I bought my bags at regular price I don't think I could own more than one or two - now I have seven. Maybe its better to have less but I always like to buy more if I can so I can switch them out. I also will sometimes exchange unworn purses if I am find something better (I am thinking about that for two that I bought - hopefully there is a president's day sale coming up at the outlets).

I can usually buy what I want w/ no worries. We have no debt except 1 car payment, mortgage and Financial aid school loan.. No Credit cards any more!!! They were paid off in DECEMBER!! :yahoo: so that usually leaves a good amount of extra cash to pay with ( but I am trying to get it to savings :Push:smile: I also tend to go through selling periods where I sell off like 5 things and then I buy new stuff.... also I don't buy at full retail most of the time... it's usually outlet, ebay, PCE or on sale at dillards/macy's ... I have 3 purses I bought at retail and 2 of them are LV .. because they don't go on sale!

I will only put something on a credit card if I know I will be able to pay it off in full monthly. I've come to the realization this isn't not worth getting yourself into debt for, especially when I have other non-Coach things to save up for. Mostly, I'll sell bags I don't use anymore to fund the new ones!

I will usually pay with my card and then pay it off at the end of the month. We are really trying to save more though so I am not buying so many bags. When I joined tpf, I went a little "nuts" and bought quite a few bags within a very short amount of time. I am now banned until my birthday, when I plan on treating myself to a new bag since I will be turning 30!. Normally, we have no problem supporting my little handbag "habit" but I am on maternity leave until June and so we have had to be a bit more rigid with only having one salary come in for the last year. Once I go back to work part-time, there will be a lot more flexibility in our spending.

WOW - You are doing really well if you can hang onto that credit. I know what you mean about looking at the bags and seeing money. I do that with my hubby's pool table. One day I am gonna cash that sucker in:graucho:

Thanks! ;) Yeah this is a huge thing for me.. I used to get a credit and have to use it like that day! :nuts: I just know now that times are tough around us and are hitting home financially as my dh is in construction products.. so things are getting really bad right now. :tdown: Luckily we already own a timeshare and have our week booked or we wouldn't even be going on this vacation.. I honestly feel blessed to even have this credit to be able to go. It is a credit letter from a bag they could not repair, so it isn't even a gift card I could sell on ebay or something, which is probably what I would do otherwise since bills and debt are obviously way more important that bags . Anyway, I am excited. :yahoo:

I've been very blessed that i can purchase what i really want when i want it. I have a good job and i deserve to treat my self. Even still i know that i can't buy everything that i like (my collection would need it's own wing!) So i shop mostly during the PCE or at the outlets. With each purchase (cash or debit) i try to think of what i have already, so i don't buy styles that are too simular. I would love to have more than one ali, but that would be a dangerous pattern for me to start.:graucho:

I've been very blessed that i can purchase what i really want when i want it. I have a good job and i deserve to treat my self. Even still i know that i can't buy everything that i like (my collection would need it's own wing!) So i shop mostly during the PCE or at the outlets. With each purchase (cash or debit) i try to think of what i have already, so i don't buy styles that are too simular. I would love to have more than one ali, but that would be a dangerous pattern for me to start.:graucho:

U r truly blessed - dont forget it!! Seems like u are a smart girl :flowers: