I have too many bags!

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've had an epiphany - I was tidying up & as I tried to jam another bag into the wardrobe, I realised I just have too many bags.
    So, I've narrowed it down to the ones I love & will use for years & the others are out.
    Trouble is this air of frugality then spread & I've now worked my way through all my clothes & accessories. Does any woman actually need 4 pairs of sunnies or 5 purses???? :wtf:
    I now have a very big pile of stuff that's heading to the charity shop & ebay.
    And, I WILL NOT be buying any more bags or purses in 2009. You all are my witnesses. :yes:

2. I'm going through your list and trying to work out which ones are missing...

Magenta Hanover is the only one I can think of...

Oh, hang on, your vintage one, your Soho (which had kind of gone anyway) and the Martha. Is that right?

I do know exactly what you mean (see my post from a few weeks ago :rolleyes:) but I just can't be quite so drastic.

I would say that yes, you do need 4 pairs of sunnies - I've got way more than that :lol: but a few of them are cheapies and I tend to match them with my outfits.

Purses - no, I can't get my head around having more than one purse as I don't want to switch over. I love my current purse - also still love my oak zip around wallet but I just won't use it until my current purse falls to bits. I was so tempted to get the orange Mabel purse to match my bag (purses don't count, right?!) but thankfully stopped myself.

As long as you're not being too hasty ;)

3. Eeeek!! This is a bit rash isn't it :lol: If you have the storeage space, be careful not to get rid of stuff that you might regret later. Done that before, it's not a good feeeling :sad:

I do understand what you mean though, I'm forever turning stuff out - partly to create space, and partly because, wearing a uniform for work, I just don't need and certainly can't use that many bags, clothes, shoes, accessories.......:sweatdrop:

4. Ooo yeah, just seen your post Dita - surely you're not getting rid of Mageta Hanover - you love that baby :nuts:

5. What else has gone :confused1:

SJ , you use most of your bags in the Summer don't you ? I hope you don't regret it .

6. I cant work out which ones are missing, is it the magenta hanover and martha (like dita said)??? :confused1:

7. MODS I AM NOT TOUTING FOR BUSINESS OR OFFERING FOR SALE. I AM PURELY DISCUSSING HOW TO DOWNSIZE MY COLLECTION.

Ok, here's what is out.
    Magenta Hanover - I haven't used it really this winter.
    Lavender Martha - going to a lovely new home.
    Black congo Helier - never use it, was holding on to it for sentimental reasons as it was my first Mulberry.
    Plum Somerset - an impulse buy. Lovely but doesn't go with anything I wear.
    Lemon Roxanne - teetering about this one which is why it's still in my signature.
    Cream Soho - I gave this to my mum & it came back. I realised I'm never going to use it.
    Choc long congo purse - haven't used it for a couple of years.
    Orange Designers Guild purse - bored with it.

Sunnies - problem is Dita, all mine have been pricey ones from duty free. There's nothing like wandering around trying on sunnies while waiting to catch a flight! I have Fendi, Armani, D&G & CK. I'm going to hang on to them all but not buy any more.

You kow me, I'm all or nothing so I need to do this while I'm feeling this determined. It's only stuff after all!

8. Blimey SJ there is a lot thats got the boot!!! :wtf::wtf::nuts:

Are you sure?

9. I've had a think about this one , as I downsized my collection a little before Christmas ( no Mulberries went though ) . Sometimes it's better to buy 3 or 4 bags a year that you really love and will use , when you tire of them or they no longer go with your wardrobe , pass them on , rather than holding onto them . I do this with clothes all the time , so why not bags ?

10. I had hoped, you would put red Mabel up on ebay!!!

11. sj, hold onto the hanover..its such a lovely rare bag!

12. ^^ lol

13. I also do like this once or twice every year. I downsize my wardrobe and book and DVD collection and also the kitchenthings. It free space at home and it makes me see what I really want to keep on to. haven't done t with my bags yet though, because I haven't got anything I don't want to keep.

14. LOL was meant for BC's comment .

SJ , I think because you like change that is the way forward Love'em , Use'em ,Pass'em on !!

15. Salikons, I'm like you, I regularly do it with the house, my books & DVDS & I've always done it with clothes. My wardrobe needs revolving doors!
    But I've not done it with my bags really before. I've given a few away in the past but this is the first time my collection has got so large - wonder if it could be anything to do with tpf?!
    I'm not the type to have things & not use them. My mother has 6 double wardrobes full of clothes she never wears - that would drive me crazy.

I know the magenta Hanover is rare now but what's the point of it sitting in my wardrobe when someone else could be using it & loving it? Same with lemon Roxy.

Flossie, that's going to be my mantra now!