I have too many bags, amd I'm an idiot.

I just tried to put a bag up on ebay, completed the listing, took a second look at the gallery photo, and said, No way! I can't sell that! And immediately cancelled the auction. I can't tell you how many times I've done that. In the last week alone.

There've been quite a few times that I've looked at auction photos and thought, "wow, that bag's beautiful, I can't sell that." I don't know what it is about seeing a photo, but it can really make you appreciate a bag.

I do like to keep my bag collection pretty streamlined though, to bags that I love the most and use regularly. Once I do finally decide, I feel ready to "let it go."

I think we all need group therapy. I lose the feel about 48 hours after the money changes hands. Before that I spend every waking moment thinking about the bag before I buy it. Now, I have a cupboard full of bags that I want to sell but feel guilty doing that because I paid so much and will definitely liquidate only at a huge loss. After joining this forum, I realise that I only want BBags but cant figure out what to do with all the old bags(Tods, Chloe,Gucci, Fendis and LVs). My Dh will also kill me as He bought some of them after much persuasion. So you are not alone. :confused1:

I am like this too. It seems to have just happened out of the blue and spiraled out of control. I am not sure how this happened, but it did. I am waiting for my Birkin and I am going to purchase an LV cuir embosse stephen as soon as the tell me they have one. I just got a denim cabas raye gm with the beautiful charms and have already put it up and started carrying my old multicolore speedy.

I too also am an idiot. I keep on looking for the 'perfect' bag, which I know I will never find, because it doesn't exist. And I don't think I want it to exist.
I also move from brand to brand............latest obsession is ofcourse the bbag, and I have a feeling that this is going to take a looooooong time to get over.

I just tried to put a bag up on ebay, completed the listing, took a second look at the gallery photo, and said, No way! I can't sell that! And immediately cancelled the auction. I can't tell you how many times I've done that. In the last week alone.

This is a bizarre, twisted, expensive "hobby", um obsession. What happened to the good old days when I had a purse? One purse that I just carried my crap in?

Can you identify?

sunspark I am with you! You are definitely not alone in this!:P I am worse than you because I haven't even completed any ebay listing when my mouse went clicking the x button on the top right corner!!:Push:

Gone were the days when I need only one bag.... :shrugs:

This is a bizarre, twisted, expensive "hobby", um obsession. What happened to the good old days when I had a purse? One purse that I just carried my crap in?

Can you identify?

Just a year and half ago, I had one brown purse and one black purse, and a couple of sports bags/totes. In the past 6-9 months, I have spent the equivalent of my entire year's after-tax salary and I have over 20 BBags, several Chloes, Luellas, Coaches, and a couple of Chanels and LVs. At least the money is coming from interest payments I get.

And I have sold only one of those bags to date. I have used almost every one of those bags, except a few that are actually too big for me. Some, in rare colours like Eggplant, 04 Lilac, 04 Rose and 04 Marigold, I keep around just because they are soooo pretty!

But it is one sick obsession :sad:

I think if you never use the bag, you probably will never use it ever. Like that Coach optic bag? So might as well sell it while it can still sell at higher price and while the bag is still in new condition. ;)
Then get something else that you like better and you will use more :smile:

Well, I'm glad to see I'in in wonderful company lol!

I went to ebay my whiskey Paddy this morning and had a quick look to see how many others and what prices they were going for. They looked so nice I decided to keep mine:smile: And I'm carrying it today. Although I feel like I'm cheating on my Bbagg. Oh well, a day in the life of a purse diva.

I'm sure you aren't alone here! :smile:

For me, I enjoy the finer things in life, but since I don't have a money tree, I try to use everything I have.. So I take a long time before deciding if I really really REALLY need to purchase that new thing (whether it's a purse, shoes, makeup, skincare, etc).

I tell my hubby he's lucky that I'm so practical ;)

This is me also!

But I WILL sell a bag if I don't use it or find one that I want more :yes: