I have to pay with a money order for an auction

Needanotherbag

Halt and Salute
O.G.
Aug 6, 2006
I won my dream bag last night, and it was from a guy selling a bag for his girlfriend thru his account. The bag was verified here as authentic, and he has good feedback from 369 transactions. He is asking I send money order to his girlfriend, and she ships the bag. He does paypal on all his other auctions but since his gf was actually the seller without a paypal account, she needs money order.

i have never paid with a money order before - does it work out ok?

Thank you

I've heard of situations like this before, but they make ME nervous. Did the listing offer Paypal as a payment option? If it did, then you certainly can insist that you be allowed to pay that way. If it only offered money orders as a payment option, then you are stuck to pay that way. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think you have any protections if you pay with a money order other than filing a complaint through eBay and it seems the have a really low dollar amount that they will compensate you.

It stated money order in the auction, and he had good feedback so i was ok with it, but then he sent the email with his gf's address instead of his. I sent an email asking why. I'll see if he is open to another alternative...

I sent a money order once and never got a video game for my son (seller took the money and ran)we filed a claim and only got back 12.00 and the game was close to 50.00

Watch out much risker than paypal hardly any protection for you

I wouldn't do it either-there is no earthly reason for this extra "twist"-why shouldn't it be just a normal PayPal transaction, when he gets paid he distributes $ to whomever. You would not be amply protected and, dream bag though it may be, I wouldn't do it...

I'm going to let him know I only feel comfortable sending it to him, or offer to pay his paypal fees if I can use paypal - it was his feedback I was making this decision on, not his girlfriends. does this sound ok?