I have realized something important about my H personality...

My mom isn't in love with the Birkin either. She's definitely a Kelly sellier type.

I'm not into most of the H jewelry. I'm horribly picky about jewelry
(and watches) and I prefer solid gold pieces that I can throw into the ultrasonic.

I've tried nearly all of the H fragrances and the only one I like is the Caleche extrait.

I am crazy about the scarves & large bags. I just wish there were some solid gold cadenas and jewelry. Maybe they've done some limited editions that I've missed?

candace, you almost sound like me. I don't know if I'll ever acquire a Birkin.
I'd rather save for a Bolide and seeing all these Kelly's makes me want to get that, should I be so lucky, for a second H bag.

Like you, I'll probably wind up with more charms, bracelets,
scarves, etc...and buy gifts for others than I will have
handbags. :smile:

But you never know where the road of life
will take you. ;)

I feel the same way!
I love the birkin on the ladies' here, but I can't see myself with one for me. Maybe a 25 cm, but not the classic 30 or 35 cm. I think the kelly, plume or massai would fit better with my style and needs.

i agree. i love the style of the birkin but i need some on the shoulder ability. especially with a heavy bag and i know mine would be heavy because i like to carry a lot. the kelly seems too hard to get into and out of for me. do any birkins aside from the jpg have over the shoulder potential?

What an epiphany!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with being in love with the ORIGINAL, the classic, the bag which the Birkin was supposed to improve upon!!

Thanks ladies! The funny thing is, in my line of work, having a Lindy will make me way more noticeable than having a Birkin. My boss is a 40-something Lieutenant Colonel, and the state aviation officer. I showed him a picture of the Lindy and told him about it, and he acted like he wanted one!
We've got a couple of old-timers floating around and they may recognize something about the Lindy when I get one, it will be really cool. So at the very least it will mean the most to me personally and be my "special" bag forever. Even if I do get a Kelly (which would be amazing).

I don't think I'll have only Birkins. I love Bolide, Lindy, Trim, Picotin and Massai equally and probably get one of them next. I couldn't live with one style only, Birkin is not for every occasion, eg I'm not taking her to a job interview tomorrow. It's the genius of H, there's something for us all :yes:

Candace -- I think it's great that you know exactly what you want and don't want. I do find myself warming up to things occasionally (like I've just come around to the Evelyne), but I'm generally the same way. I've been told in the past few months that I'm a) a Birkin girl, b) a Kelly girl and c) neither, but I know what I feel suits me and that's what I'll buy eventually. Also, consider it this way -- if you're not looking for a Birkin, you'll have much better selection!

Candace -- I think it's great that you know exactly what you want and don't want. I do find myself warming up to things occasionally (like I've just come around to the Evelyne), but I'm generally the same way. I've been told in the past few months that I'm a) a Birkin girl, b) a Kelly girl and c) neither, but I know what I feel suits me and that's what I'll buy eventually. Also, consider it this way -- if you're not looking for a Birkin, you'll have much better selection!

That is so true, and how fun for my first purchase to try on a bunch of different things and get a feel for everything H has to offer...even though I know I'm only going to ask for one thing in particular (heehee)...Maybe the Kelly can be a big wedding anniversary present later on...:nuts:

It's great that you know which style suits your needs. In my opinion, this is better than having to go through the expensive trial and error that some of us have experienced ... like me and my Bolide and later realizing it's not the bag style for me.

Candace, I'm not a Birkin girl either - my first H bag will probably be a Picotin because the Birkin just doesn't suit my style.

I hope you get your Lindy sooner, rather than later! :idea:

There are PLENTY of wonderful H bags that have nada to do with Birkin. You may even fall in love with the sophisticated Massai, the no-nonsense but very chic Drag, the oh-so-simple but striking Plume... But truly, Lindy is quite wonderful.

Good for you for not following blindly, make your own path. The view is better!

It's great that you can narrow down what works for you.

It's been constant trial and error for me. After a few birkins, I now find myself strangely drawn to the retourne Kelly after swearing I would never ever own a Kelly!

The Lindy is lovely and would make a gorgeous first bag.