i have no where else to vent about this but here!

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
am i the only one that feels this way????

it just drives me up the wall when i find an item that i want - the starting bid is low - for example .99 - and there are 4 days left until the end of the auction and here comes someone that bids $30!:cursing: which means the item is going to be drastically higher than it should be and only 2 people have placed bids! i mean with 4 days left why bid so high so fast:confused1: i could understand 4 hours left. i look foward to a nice bidding war and this happens!:P and then i look at the bid history and of course 9 times out of 10 this is a new ebay bidder with a score of 2! i know we all have to learn but i just wish it wasn't on my time! :girlsigh:

yes you are so right menopausalmama thank goodness - i love that name!:P - and i always remind myself of that. we leo's are not known for our patience though!:girlsigh:

It's irritating, but what can you do?

the only thing i can - post about it here!!:biggrin: i'm not stressing over it - it was just a chance for me to say it and get it off my mind with other ebay shoppers. no it really isn't a big deal - just my little "deal" with ebay.

A lot of people just like to bid once and forget about it just so they don't get swept up in the frenzy.

that could be it - they went from the starting bid of $.99 to $30.00 with the second! i guess they thought "well that should do it!!!" :yes: LOL

The bids go up in small increments (see link) so this does seem fishy to me.

exactly!
that is why i did not think it could not be someone's max bid - from $.99 to $30 is quite a leap. i've seen them go up slowly. and i don't think sniping would be happening that early either.

the only thing i can - post about it here!!:biggrin: i'm not stressing over it - it was just a chance for me to say it and get it off my mind with other ebay shoppers. no it really isn't a big deal - just my little "deal" with ebay.

that could be it - they went from the starting bid of $.99 to $30.00 with the second! i guess they thought "well that should do it!!!" :yes: LOL

Gotcha!!

Vent away.:rant: