I have no idea..

asianpearl

LVoe @first sight!
Feb 16, 2009
I ordered trevi pm, multicolor keyholder, and cosmetic case today from louisvuitton.com. They sent me a letter that i have to contact them right away. I thought it was my bank that didn't make the increase of the limit on my debit card, so i went to the bank annoyed and asked the teller to make the increase for my purchase online. After that, i called 866-vuitton and the lady..which is very nice and helpful, her name was Ingrid, told me that i have reach the purchase limit for this year. I have no idea that it has a limit...soooo sad. Now, im looking at chanel.com for a new bag to buy. It's good to know...i learned one thing today.

My question is: If i buy LV bag in the store not online...are they going to allow me to buy or not?

Attachments

• resized bag n d cabinet 003.JPG
    resized bag n d cabinet 003.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 87
  • resized bag n d cabinet 004.JPG
    resized bag n d cabinet 004.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I've never heard of a spending limit at LV. How much LV have you bought this year? I can't imagine them not letting you buy any more bags. :shrugs: I'd talk to a manager. :yes: Sorry I can't be of any more help.

I ordered trevi pm, multicolor keyholder, and cosmetic case today from louisvuitton.com. They sent me a letter that i have to contact them right away. I thought it was my bank that didn't make the increase of the limit on my debit card, so i went to the bank annoyed and asked the teller to make the increase for my purchase online. After that, i called 866-vuitton and the lady..which is very nice and helpful, her name was Ingrid, told me that i have reach the purchase limit for this year. I have no idea that it has a limit...soooo sad. Now, im looking at chanel.com for a new bag to buy. It's good to know...i learned one thing today.

My question is: If i buy LV bag in the store not online...are they going to allow me to buy or not?

No such thing as to reaching a purchase limit. I would rather buy at the boutique anyway so that you can check other stuffs in person and the majority of the experience is pretty fun.

I have heard of this policy but I have no experience with it. I don't buy enough a year to hit their limit and I suspect my MIL is a VIC because LV allows her to buy not only $$$ LE bags but multiples as gifts.

I would call and complain. Be polite and they should want to maintain your brand loyalty!

I`ve heard of the boutique limiting purchases in two cases -

1. at the Champs Elysee, because people go there to buy in bulk and resell

2. for frequent buyers and then returners, since they are just doing this over and over again.

I would definitely try the store, or even the 1 866 line again ! :yes:

I called the 866-vuitton number and talked to a person (Ingrid). She was really nice to me and told me they appreciated my business, although i was really disappointed but yes, she told me that i have reached the purchase limit because they have my purchase history online. And NO, i never return any item i ever bought at louisvuitton.com or in the LV boutique. Yes, i ordered alot from the website because i live very far from the nearest boutique here. It's a 2 1/2 hrs drive one way to Houston which where i usually go to buy my designer stuff when i dont buy them online. But mostly, i buy online because i dont have time to go spend 5 hours driving each time. It's just so convenient having the website store. This is my very first year of buying LV bags and accessories and i have bought ten pieces online. It includes:
1. Beverly Clutch (02/04/09)
2. Papillon Bandeau in Violet (02/19/09)
3. Candy Bag Charm in Pink (02/19/09)
4. Sarah Wallet in Vernis Pomme d'Amoure (02/23/09)
5. Tivoli PM (02/23/09)
6. Olivia Bandeau in Pomme d'Amoure (02/23/09)
7. Neverful GM in Mono (03/30/09)
8. Multicolor 4 Keyholer in black (04/03/09)
9. Graffiti Phone Accessory in Fuchsia (04/03/09)
10. Neverful MM in Ebony (04/17/09)

I'm not complaining...i just want to know if i can buy them in the boutique because i just bought twice from the boutique. And i didn't make this up just to have something to write here. I just want to know. I never resell anything coz whatever i buy i put it in my closet which i have remodeled just to have a cabinet for my purses where i can put them. They are like my treasure, u know. It's for personal use not for business. I use a different bag everyday.

Last edited:
You should call Neiman Marcus in Short Hills, New Jersey. They have an LV Boutique and they will gladly charge your Amex or Neiman Marcus card and send you your purchase via FedEx to your home for $15. They are wonderful and always have a large variety of goodies in stock!

So strange that Louis has a limit?!?!? Maybe it's the multiple purchases, not the amounts?

I just purchased the Bleu Nuit Zippy Coin Purse from them and got it yesterday FedEx! She is beautiful.

Last edited:
Blimey,

Thats really shocking of LV, Guess they no longer want your money! Ring them back and ask why the limit was placed and if it can be raised. Surely they must have to have a good reason to stop you buying online!

Sorry i cant be of help, but im a little mad just thinking about it! Soooo Rude of them!

I have heard of this happening. I believe the individual was buying multiple of the same items and sending them to her family in another country.

Obviously, from your purchase history that's not what you've done. And quite honestly, I don't understand why...most of your items were accessories. It's not like you have bought 10 bags in 2 months which might raise a red flag (still shouldn't cut you off if it's 10 different bags though).

I would call back and ask to speak with a supervisor. Otherwise, I would visit your LV a few times and build a relationship with an SA. There is not a limit in an LV store or trust me I've reached it! Again, buying multiple items I can see them cutting someone off in store as well.

Also, your local LV will ship to you. My SA does this for me. Mostly, I call or text my SA with what I want, when I'm coming and he has it available. Which is something any great SA will do for it!

Please be sure to keep us updated!

Dang girl you just starting your collection? you are off to a fantastic start, congrat on all the bags :smile:. You should go to NM or Sak then if you want to buy more bags since they give you point if you use their cards, with all that purchase you could probably get a free bag by the end of the year :smile: