I have finally found a leather cleaning product for my caviar flap bag!

:goodpost: :tup:
This is fantastic! thanks for posting the product and the detailed description!!!
I still have a couple of questions though hope you don't mind:
  • Assume this is not a good product to use on lambskin (given the foam and wetness, etc. of the product)?
  • Do you notice a "residue" or change in texture/color from using the cleaner/foam (not the protective care product)?
  • How about the protective care product - residue after drying 1 day? (trying to see if the protective care product is a necessity)
  • I've seen cleaning product "take off" some of the color from the leather while cleaning, do you notice that from this product (say some minor color rub off onto your clean t-shirt)?
  • How long/how much circular gentle rubbing with your tshirt did it take to take off the color transfer from the back of your bag that was shown?

Thanks for the comment Vanana [emoji16]

Here are the answers for your questions. I numbered them in order you asked.

1. To be honest I haven't used it on lambskin. However I've seen people using it on darker coloured ones.

2. The leather cleaner did not change the colour or texture of my bags. This is why I love this product! [emoji1]

3. After letting the care product be absorbed into the bag, there was no odd feeling of the bag. The key using the least amount possible to avoid stickiness or tackiness. It's like applying the Vaseline on your skin.

4. After the cleaning the bag only the sponge got darker from the dirt. I uploaded the picture of the sponge. Also no colour transfer on the t-shirt.

5. In my case the cleaning took about 5 minutes or a bit more. Not that long. Do not rush the process. Use small amount to clean with the sponge and if the bag is still not clean repeat the process. There is no turning back doe damaged leather goods.[emoji17] by the way the T-shirt is basically for wiping and drying after the cleaning.

Lemme know if you need more help. :biggrin:

IMG_1489069386.138444.jpg

Reactions: chicnfab and luxfun
Hello ladies and gents~

After I have tried so many leather cleaning products and leather wipes, I finally have found the perfect on for my caviar east west flap bag I had for a god knows how many years!

My bag was pink...rosey colour that is not that kind to darker outers.
I do love pair it with my black leather jacket so sometimes the colour would transfer it on to my bag.
My love for this bag forbid me to "deep clean" or send it to the cleaners so It was dark patchy pink bag for a while.
You know how it goes, dirty bags get the back seats of the closets.
However I decided to clean it as a last resort and it worked!

Without the further ado here are the before pictures.
(the picture are from my blog so watermarkers are not tPF ones.)

Not all dirty since I used the leather wipes but the parts in the circle were so tough and stubborn.

Thank you for such a detailed thread!! I just did some research on it, and it's all natural and really looks like a good product. Congratulations on such a great result!

Reactions: herabebe
omg thank you for sharing!! im going to look for this product in canada! ive been dying to clean my caviar pieces . thank you for your detailed responses!
You're welcome.
If you live in Canada you could ask the SAs in Holt Renfrew or the boutiques that you go to, where they send their products to repair. That's what I did. The repair shops they recommend might have them that's what I did. ;)