I have finally found a leather cleaning product for my caviar flap bag!

herabebe

Nov 11, 2007
Hello ladies and gents~

After I have tried so many leather cleaning products and leather wipes, I finally have found the perfect on for my caviar east west flap bag I had for a god knows how many years!

My bag was pink...rosey colour that is not that kind to darker outers.
I do love pair it with my black leather jacket so sometimes the colour would transfer it on to my bag.
My love for this bag forbid me to "deep clean" or send it to the cleaners so It was dark patchy pink bag for a while.
You know how it goes, dirty bags get the back seats of the closets.
However I decided to clean it as a last resort and it worked!

Without the further ado here are the before pictures.
(the picture are from my blog so watermarkers are not tPF ones.)

Not all dirty since I used the leather wipes but the parts in the circle were so tough and stubborn.

Attachments

• 0 (2).jpg
    0 (2).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,556
  • 0 (3).jpg
    0 (3).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,496
I saw this post a minute after you wrote it. I expected you to reveal what cleaning product you used! Now that I'm back I see you haven't yet.

PLEASE do share the info with us! Whatever you used is a godsend if it can remove color transfer that well. Great find!

Wow! Please share the brand of your cleaning agent and that's a lovely ew bag by the way. :smile:
I saw this post a minute after you wrote it. I expected you to reveal what cleaning product you used! Now that I'm back I see you haven't yet.

PLEASE do share the info with us! Whatever you used is a godsend if it can remove color transfer that well. Great find!
Would love to know the cleaner. Some of my bags need it desperately :shocked:
Came out great!! Pic of product please!
Would love to know the cleaner. Some of my bags need it desperately :shocked:
Came out great!! Pic of product please!
Wow that is really a beautiful result, looks brand new! Yes, please tell us what this leather cleaner is?
Thanks
Thanks ladies~~
Sorry the delay. I was caught up with work.

There are two products I used. the one in the bottle is the cleaning product and the one is a jar is the essence (protective product).
The brand is "CARAT" from Germany.
You can search the item "Carat leather cleaner" and "Carat leather essence." :biggrin:

*But please do mind that all the leather bags and good are sensitive so you should test the product on the hidden part before using it on the whole bag.

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20170309_150739739.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20170309_150739739.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,357
  • KakaoTalk_20170309_150740400.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20170309_150740400.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,441
Oh! just in case you wonder.
The cleaner comes with a sponge which you damp it with water and squeeze all the water out of it.
Then apply the product on it and make foam by squeezing it. (I uploaded the picture for that.)
You clean the bag with the foam not scrubbing it with the sponge.
Then you the leather essence to protect it from further contamination!

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20170309_151611392.gif
    KakaoTalk_20170309_151611392.gif
    493.9 KB · Views: 1,341
The cleaner comes with a sponge which you damp it with water and squeeze all the water out of it.
Then apply the product on it and make foam by squeezing it. (I uploaded the picture for that.)
Do you mean that you use the finger to scrub the foam for cleaning?

Reactions: Summer_J
Thank You For Sharing

Oops. I could not edit my post. So here is the instruction again.

For Carat leather cleaner.
1. damp the sponge with some water.
2. Squeeze the water out of the sponge. (damp is OK but wet is no-no.)
3. Apply the product on the sponge and make foam by squeezing it.
4. Clean the bag with the foam by gently moving the sponge in circular motions.
5. Once the sponge gets dirty wash and repeat the process from 1 to 4.
6. Wipe excess foam and product from the bag with soft cloth (I used cotton t-shirt)
7. Apply the protective leather care product if you wish.
8. Let it air dry for a day so your clothes do not get oily from the protective care product.

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20170309_151611392.gif
    KakaoTalk_20170309_151611392.gif
    493.9 KB · Views: 1,254
  • 120161127_115012000_iOS.jpg
    120161127_115012000_iOS.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,249
  • 120161127_114916000_iOS.jpg
    120161127_114916000_iOS.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,272
Oops. I could not edit my post. So here is the instruction again.

For Carat leather cleaner.
1. damp the sponge with some water.
2. Squeeze the water out of the sponge. (damp is OK but wet is no-no.)
3. Apply the product on the sponge and make foam by squeezing it.
4. Clean the bag with the foam by gently moving the sponge in circular motions.
5. Once the sponge gets dirty wash and repeat the process from 1 to 4.
6. Wipe excess foam and product from the bag with soft cloth (I used cotton t-shirt)
7. Apply the protective leather care product if you wish.
8. Let it air dry for a day so your clothes do not get oily from the protective care product.

:goodpost: :tup:
This is fantastic! thanks for posting the product and the detailed description!!!
I still have a couple of questions though hope you don't mind:
  • Assume this is not a good product to use on lambskin (given the foam and wetness, etc. of the product)?
  • Do you notice a "residue" or change in texture/color from using the cleaner/foam (not the protective care product)?
  • How about the protective care product - residue after drying 1 day? (trying to see if the protective care product is a necessity)
  • I've seen cleaning product "take off" some of the color from the leather while cleaning, do you notice that from this product (say some minor color rub off onto your clean t-shirt)?
  • How long/how much circular gentle rubbing with your tshirt did it take to take off the color transfer from the back of your bag that was shown?