I Have Finally Found a Birkin with a Shoulder Strap and It is the ...

Oh your Lindy is gorgeous !!!!! congratulations C.
Jag: yep ! and will do:smile:

Thank you H&H and Jag. Yes, we must do a lindy in action segment very soon. I am loving mine more every day.

An interesting fact - that I did not know, maybe everyone else knows this - the lindy is named after Charles Lindbergh. His nickname was Lucky Lindy. The Hermes Lindy was designed as an aviator style bag and named in his honor.

Dear Ms. C:

GOSH, didn't know your B-day is SANTA day, hoo hoo hoo...

Don't work TOO HARD on your B-day and if you are ever in LA area, let me know in advance!!!

YES, I need to see your in-action too, just can't wait.... I am VERY HAPPY for you!!!

Off topic - here is a pic to help see what the rose dragee color is -

the rose dragee swift lindy is next to a cyclamen epsom and also there is a white pad in the pic.

The rose dragee is like an extremely dilute cyclamen, having slight violet undertone, not a dilute fuchsia with pink undertone.

attachment.php
I'm happy to hear my own opinion of the rose d color echoed by someone w/allot of info. SA's keep calling it blush, which is a pale powdery pink. This is definately a very pale and talcum like violet. If anything, it might have a tiny touch of lavender, mabe.......
Fundamentally color family is purple not pink. At least, that's what I thought when I saw it. But, the SA said I was wrong.
.......color obviously in the eye of the beholder.....

So this will make all of you have a little giggle:
I work for the Oregon State Army Aviation Officer during the week, and my national guard unit membership is also in one of the aviation units under his command. Naturally I am very excited to have my first H be a Lindy (hopefully in RAISIN, but honestly I would be happy to have anything) within the next couple of years.

So I was talking to my boss, who is a very nice Lieutenant Colonel, and I told him the little interesting fact about the Lindy and its history and namesake, and he said that sounded very great! So I printed out a picture and showed him, and he said it looked like an amazing bag made out of the most beautiful leather. I mean this is a soldier saying this! I was amazed! It was a great little conversation and I just wanted to share it. He also fully endorses me getting one with deployment money next year :smile: I think he kind of wants one too....hehe.

I got to witness the arrival of H'bird's parchemine (sp?) Lindy today!!! It is GORGEOUS!:heart: A wonderful go-with-anything neutral. Use it with happiness and good health!!

Thank you, Ladyjane - i've never owned a light colored bag before, but i'm thrilled with this parchment color - actually, I'm just thrilled with the lindy, period.

It was great to see you yesterday.