I Have Finally Found a Birkin with a Shoulder Strap and It is the ...

Hummingbird

H'Bird
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
Oh your Lindy is gorgeous !!!!! congratulations C.
Jag: yep ! and will do:smile:
Thank you H&H and Jag. Yes, we must do a lindy in action segment very soon. I am loving mine more every day.

An interesting fact - that I did not know, maybe everyone else knows this - the lindy is named after Charles Lindbergh. His nickname was Lucky Lindy. The Hermes Lindy was designed as an aviator style bag and named in his honor.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to ICON card members.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 thread.

MORGANNG

O.G.
Sep 14, 2006
Dear Ms. C:

GOSH, didn't know your B-day is SANTA day, hoo hoo hoo...

Don't work TOO HARD on your B-day and if you are ever in LA area, let me know in advance!!!

YES, I need to see your in-action too, just can't wait.... I am VERY HAPPY for you!!!

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
Congrats on your Lindy! Beautiful colors can't wait to see the Parchamein (sp?)

lee217

O.G.
Oct 3, 2007
Off topic - here is a pic to help see what the rose dragee color is -

the rose dragee swift lindy is next to a cyclamen epsom and also there is a white pad in the pic.

The rose dragee is like an extremely dilute cyclamen, having slight violet undertone, not a dilute fuchsia with pink undertone.

I'm happy to hear my own opinion of the rose d color echoed by someone w/allot of info. SA's keep calling it blush, which is a pale powdery pink. This is definately a very pale and talcum like violet. If anything, it might have a tiny touch of lavender, mabe.......
Fundamentally color family is purple not pink. At least, that's what I thought when I saw it. But, the SA said I was wrong.
.......color obviously in the eye of the beholder.....

candace117

Whiskey in a Teacup
O.G.
Oct 31, 2007
Orange County
facebook.com
So this will make all of you have a little giggle:
I work for the Oregon State Army Aviation Officer during the week, and my national guard unit membership is also in one of the aviation units under his command. Naturally I am very excited to have my first H be a Lindy (hopefully in RAISIN, but honestly I would be happy to have anything) within the next couple of years.

So I was talking to my boss, who is a very nice Lieutenant Colonel, and I told him the little interesting fact about the Lindy and its history and namesake, and he said that sounded very great! So I printed out a picture and showed him, and he said it looked like an amazing bag made out of the most beautiful leather. I mean this is a soldier saying this! I was amazed! It was a great little conversation and I just wanted to share it. He also fully endorses me getting one with deployment money next year :smile: I think he kind of wants one too....hehe.

ladyjane

Jun 9, 2007
I got to witness the arrival of H'bird's parchemine (sp?) Lindy today!!! It is GORGEOUS!:heart: A wonderful go-with-anything neutral. Use it with happiness and good health!!

Hummingbird

H'Bird
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
I got to witness the arrival of H'bird's parchemine (sp?) Lindy today!!! It is GORGEOUS!:heart: A wonderful go-with-anything neutral. Use it with happiness and good health!!
Thank you, Ladyjane - i've never owned a light colored bag before, but i'm thrilled with this parchment color - actually, I'm just thrilled with the lindy, period.

It was great to see you yesterday.

eliot

bon vivant
O.G.
Jun 30, 2007
I love ivory colored bags in the winter! It looks very clean with winter clothes :heart: