I Have COURT Tomorrow for Speeding.. Help!!

Thats what i dont get... Why is every one i know, saying i should plead not guilty.... Ummm I am guilty i was speeding..LOL

Yeah - you might want to ask them that - because I personally wouldn't do it.

I do have a friend who went into a big thing about "the cop was having a bad day.... you can't tell me that you have never had a bad day - and I tell you the cop was having a bad day!" She got away with it - but she is a HUGE personality - and I just wonder if the judge had never seen anything like it. (I think also she really thought that she was in the right - and that comes across).

I certainly wouldn't plead not-guilty if I thought that I was guilty. I mean not in front of a judge. I would go through the process of going to court because, as Speedy says, the cops often don't show and it is case dismissed. But in CA at least you can plead non-guilty up to the last minute - then if you see the cop you plead guilty and still get traffic school (the 'guy organizing the court' (forgotten what he is called) actually says 'your officer is present in court - do you still want to plead not-guilty?).

Just plead no contest and take your lumps. You were speeding and you got caught. I mean, you can try to plead not guilty, but if you do, they'll set another court date and notify the officer. If he shows up, you're screwed. Not only will you have to pay your fine, you'll have to pay court costs. Do you want to risk that by hoping the officer doesn't show up?
Also, at this point, I think it's too late to elect driving school. In that case, you'll get stuck with the points, but really, it's not that big of a deal. Your insurance might go up a couple of bucks a month. I'd ask if you can take the driver improvement class.
So yeah, look nice, act nice, say you're sorry and ask to take the class. IF not, plead no contest and pay your fine.

Good luck....Ive been driving for 20 years and have yet to get a speeding ticket...LOL..Actually,I got pulled over recently...but talked my way out of it(I was doing 63 in a 45!!UGH!)
I know when ever my friends bring a lawyer to traffic court,they only get fined and no points in NJ.....not sure why...?!LOL!

After 3 months waiting I am finally going to court.. I know this is bad, but I got stopped for speeding... I never speed anymore, and drive very safe.. I was only speeding because I was late for class.. I exceeded 20mph.. Any tips for court.. What should I say... How do I get my points taken off.. I am only 18 and have no experience with this.. I feel so nervous..:sweatdrop::Push::sad:

Can you get a lawyer to go with you? My dad's friend who is a lawyer says to always fight your tickets. I don't know about where you are, but here you can get them to plead some article that keeps it off your record.

i agree with charles, you should plead guilty if you are. i tried to fight a speeding ticket on a mistake the officier made on my ticket and i just ended up looking stupid because in the end i was speeding. one of the most embarrassing experiences! i don't know about NJ, but here officiers get overtime to go to court and a ton of reminders on the court time, so 9 times out of 10 they show up. good luck with whatever you decide!

LMAO about SWEATheart... i am typing tooo fast...

I have been driving very safe... Speedy I feel your'e my mom talking to me...LOL

I'll drive safe all the time mom (speedy)... lol:P

LOL! Well, I COULD be your Mom, both my kids are older than you.

I was just searching the new smiley's and saw this...and I thought of you!

:police:

Good luck tomorrow!!!!!

HAHA! I love it! There's new smileys? LOL! I'll check them out.

Prince, how did it go? And yes, I hope you didn't pled not guilty if the cop showed up, you'd lose then. (Everything Charles said.) Not worth it.

Hi guys!! Thanks for all your support.. So here's the update........

I arrived at the court at 8:00 am and left 2:00 pm basically it was "Judgment Day" LOL it felt soo long.. I was dieing of boredom.. The court was overly packed with people. All the seats were taken and about 20 people were standing....:s

I was so mad, because they started with the bigger cases.. The ones that take forever..Then at the end they do the small traffic cases like mine... Damn that pissed me off, I guess its to teach my ass a lesson..LOL

Then the prosecutor called a group off people including me... He took us to a room and explained what are options were.. That group were the ones who were speeding 20-25 mph over the limit.. A 4 point violation.. He said he would lower our exceeding speed to the 10-15 range.... Which is a 2 point violation.. THANK GOD.... Then someone asked how much we were going to end up paying , and since it was on a 65mph zone the fines are doubled....He said expect to pay over $200... So I returned to the court room(hell) and the judge called my name... Oh man my heart was beating... I felt so uncomfortable... He asked all these questions and I said yes,yes, yes, then he asked "you were going 79 on a 65 correct" I was like umm ya... But really i was going 89...LOL The final cost I had to pay was $135 NOT BAD.... I was happy with that.....
But today was sooo long, I also had to go to college and I just came back, WHAT A LONG Stressful DAY.....

Well, slow down hot shot! Seriously, I had a period where I got 5 speeding tickets over about 8 month period and came real close to losing my license. Be careful.