I Have Bag Depression....

I think you should keep the ones you absolutely love and use and sell the rest to make room for another you may love and use...it's tough because you don't know until its too late that a certain bag was just not practical for you...I do the same thing. I buy these gorgeous bags for going out and I am a stay at home mom who goes out sooo rarely without the kids. I keep saying that I will use them someday:smile:

I used to be a recycler, twigs. I got so sick of it...trying to find the perfect bag...buying then selling. I sold off my whole collection....including my khaki graffiti speedy, cerises speedy, CB retro, CB papillon, CB pochettes....I had it all!!! I found a huge sense of relief once they were gone. I think I just bought the damn bags because of the hype. Deep down, I didn't really LOVE them. I started fresh and I only have 4 LV's right now, but I LOVE each one of them and have a hard time choosing which one to use from day to day. I now own the bags that I absolutely LOVE and will USE. Much happier!!!

I'm inspired girlsgottoshop...

What four bags do own and rotate and completely love now??? Please share.:smile:

i have an extremely difficult time selling any bag that is a high-price ticket item. i just let my gucci pelham go for almost half the price i paid for it and it was painful. i could never sell my LV, and the only one i have ever thought about selling is my slightly discolored marshmallow reade pm and even though i rarely use her, i can't bare to let her go. maybe if LV comes out with a new pink. but twiggers i think you're just looking at all your bags going "omg, i never use this, or this or this, or this anymore!" you can't tell me you don't think you'll never wear them again. and for goodness sakes, don't think about selling it all now! you're just overwhelmed. calm down, you know you love your bags and your bags love you :smile:

Ahhh shoo.....we can be a mess together!!!!! This is EXACTLY what I mean.....I keep hanging on because they're 'pretty' and 'collectible'.....UGH!
Then I get hubby remarking....'hmmm don't you have like 5 of those bags that look the same'....and dang he's right! Do I *NEED* 5 mono speedys at the same time???

count me in on that one too ... I've gone from 1 Mono Speedy that was bought July 20th 2006 to absolutely crazy :sweatdrop: :Push: .... I've bought just to buy/because it was a good deal/because I was bored/because it was a colletible/etc. When I stop to reconsider my collection, I have to face the fact that I'm not using more than 3 bags regularly :sad: and that really bugs me right now. I have total bag regret at times. The worst is my Pochette Art Deco at the moment. I just can't make up my mind about that one at the moment. I really feel bad for having it. :crybaby:

"And I am amazed at women I see constantly cycling through bags...selling them after a month of use....maybe that is smarter? You have some staples...and then you keep trying things until you find the 'perfect' bag?"

Twiggers~

This is me to a "T". I became obsessed for a while and considering I do not live close to an LV (1.25 hrs away) and have a pre-schooler, I do not try on bags.:crybaby: I wish I could. So, in light of this I bought a LOT of different color/styles of bags.

Then I realized that I wasn't in love with it (i.e., did not feel compelled to use it at all) I decided to let them ALL go.

I have kept one that my DH bought me from LV for my birthday. I use her (damier speedy).

I have saved some $$ and purchased bags that I totally fell in love with. I also look at functionality for my work/life. I like mirror but it is not really me. I think I finally have figured out my style w/ LV. Does that make sense?

My current collection really reflects me as a person and If I do not use a bag or want a different one to replace it, it is off to be sold. This I finally came to terms with. It would be different if I used all the bags I had before, but I did not. Therefore....SOLD.

I hope this helps you a little...PM me if you would like to chat:heart:

~J

I honestly don't think that I could ever part with any of my LV bags. I've weeded out all of my Dior, Gucci and Chloe Paddington bags and have sold each and every one in order to fund new LV purchases. I'm definately a collector of LV but I also trade off which bag I carry each day so mine are in pretty constant rotation. I think that was why it was so easy for me to sell my other designer bags, I always used my LV more than I used them. There are passing moments when I consider selling one in order to purchase a newer LE bag, but it passes quickly and I feel queasy at the thought of actually parting with one of my beloved bags.

IMO, if you feel that your bags do not "fit" you as a person and/or you do not use them, I would sell them and get the bags that you would be excited to use everyday.

I just went through the same thing a while ago. I took everybag out of everyspot I had them in. I laid everybag I had out in size and color order and photograghed them ,then I took my least favorite away and sold them . I kept selling a few at a time. It was less painful that way . Then I bought few choice Lv that I truely love and will use. My closet looks so nice and open now and I know what's in each and every dust cover . It's an awesome feeling

Thanks everyone for your understanding!!!!

I was just PMing back and forth with someone who buys and sells alot...and it made sense.....Buy the trendy super great limited bags every season...wear them for a season and move on to the next!!!
The great thing about LV is constant price increases...so you're not likely to lose money!
At all times keep about 20-25 bags in the closet...while slowly adding a few here and there (as gifts)...but have fun!

I think that's the thing...I haven't been having fun with the bags. I keep thinking always 'will I use this all the time...will I use it for 10 years'....and so I hesitate buying alot of fun bags!

So I won't make any rash decisions...I'll finish working on my closet and photographing all of them....and really sit back and look at what can go or stay (I know I have some accessories that might be able to go to as they've never been used)!

And hey...constantly cycling bags is one way to get on that VIP list...heehee..

I feel like it already and i have such a small collection compared to others. I used my neo fuschia once in 6 months and i have just sold it (for more than i paid) and im happy about it!
Im like you though, i lusted after that bag for months, hadto have it then eh, whatever!
Im like it with all my bags! At the moment i am in love with my city and no oother bags have had a look in!
I suppose its just normal when you get something new!
Dont sell your collection though, only sell if you dont ever use a bag and know that you wont miss it when its gone! xx

It sounds like you have a plan! I would sell the ones as you stated you wouldn't know were gone if someone came and took them away. I would def. sell that red epi speedy for sure since it doesn't suit your needs(too small opening).

How about taking pictures like you said of the ones you feel in conflict with. Get them in a nice group shot, a really good picture, and then frame that picture and put it on your bedroom wall or dressing room/closet? Then get rid of those bags and you will feel very liberated to not be 'hoarding' them which it sounds like this bothers you. this way you still get to look at those bags w/out having to keep them! btw I don't think there is anything wrong w/ having bags you don't use and being a collector for those that do this.

Right after I got my first LV bag, this past Nov. of '06(since sold it) I took a picture of my bags(I had maybe 7 of varied brands, Fendi/prada/burberry,the mono speedy/gucci) all lined up. I have NONE of those bags now, but I really love looking at that picture and going down memory lane, the gucci charms was so pretty and I knew the woman I sold it to from ebay. In fact I emailed her to let her know I was listing it since she was an orange lover and it had apricot trim.

I'm excited to see your pictures after you take them.

oh and btw I'm in the opp. boat of trying to build a 'collection' (I have only 4 bags) and my dream is to have 10 bags. I told myself that 10 is my limit that I will keep and then when I get the 11th bag one of those 10 must go. So that's my plan. For you, it sounds like 20-25 is your comfort level, I'm wondering how many bags you have, lol, would that be including pochettes in that 20-25 you'll keep?

^^^I don't actually have any pochettes anymore!!! I sold all those to buy a couple bigger bags (my Stephen & CB papillon)!
I *think* I'm right around 20! Any more than that 20-25 and there would be no room in the closet to enjoy them!
Maybe in a couple years...with a bigger closet LOL

I just remembered another bag...my Amarante Reade PM...bought it a while back...and never used...although I think that is because it is a F/W bag!

I know I will have a couple staples I will keep in the closet forever (i.e. Damier papillon for all weather, BV for a tote, etc.)!

hi again, I'm avoiding folding my mountain of laundry and went to your bag showcase thread to see what was going on there! I counted 12 bags(went through all 14 pages) but did not count any pochettes or accessories. I didn't count the LVoe tote in brown since you returned it,(wise move, I can't stand those totes*ducking from those that love them*). There are probably a bunch you never took a picture of I'm guessing as I don't recall seeing a cb papillon come to think of it. That amarante in the light/w/flash holy @$%@#$%@ that's a real vision, I have got to go see that in person, sparkle city! btw, good for you for selling your pochettes, that couldn't have been easy and you did it! I think I recall that thread from a little while back. I think everyone here can relate to how tough it is to part with something beautiful. I did it with that one Gucci bag to get an LV bag and I just try not to look back or I visit the picture, lol, or I focus on what I got instead and how much I prefer that bag over that Gucci which was too big for my body and also not as classic.

ok, I'm really curious which ones did you sell? all the pochettes? what else? my inquiring mind(read nosy) wants to know!

This was the year LV became an obsession for me. I've bought an embarrassing number of LVs this year and have waitlisted for even more.

When I buy a bag it has to meet certain criteria for me. Is it comfortable to wear? Is it comfortable to use? Can it hold enough so that I can use it for going to work as well as going out? I firmly stick to these criteria whether I'm buying an LV at the boutique or a cute Dooney at TJ Maxx.

And it works.

I switch bags just about every day. I plan my outfit for work the night before, right down to bag and shoes and that way everything gets rotated in. And by rotating, everything seems fresh when I wear it.

Am I sick of any of my bags? Not really. I don't think I'd sell them if I were. My best friends have been coveting them and if I let them go, it would be as gifts which is what I've done with most of my Coach bags.