I have an idea!! (charity related)

I am sure we all have enough stuff to do one of these once a month! Different charity each time...to cover bases, we could donate to different causes each month....hurricane, tsunami, breast cancer, ronald mcDonald, etc.....

annemerrick said:
I am sure we all have enough stuff to do one of these once a month! Different charity each time...to cover bases, we could donate to different causes each month....hurricane, tsunami, breast cancer, ronald mcDonald, etc.....

I agree. I have put off listing a few things on Ebay so that I could donate to our auction. Say the word Megs and Vlad and we can all post pictures, give info, etc. To make it fair, on the other website I did this on, the items listed for auction were available to view on a thread for 3-4 days (the thread would be locked to posts until the auction). Then at a specific start and end time (say 6, 10 , 12 hours) the auction would end, the winners would be announced. Once Megs received payment for the item, the seller would be notified so that the package would be sent. :idea: What do you think?

I like the idea, I'm going to go rummage for things to donate!!!

A few questions though... does the donator also pay shipping costs? And are there rules for what you can or can't donate?? (i.e. must all items be new, have tags, retail vs. homemade, etc)

Lyn2005 said:
I like the idea, I'm going to go rummage for things to donate!!!

A few questions though... does the donator also pay shipping costs? And are there rules for what you can or can't donate?? (i.e. must all items be new, have tags, retail vs. homemade, etc)

Bidder pays for reasonable shipping.

I think anything goes on what we can donate. The best things that raised the most $$ on the other board was handknit scarves, baskets of local delicacies (sp) homeade stationary, etc. I don't think things have to be new; I would love to bid on vintage jewlery that someone was sick of or never wore.