I have a vintage jumbo xl..should I go for the jumbo size too?

kisenian

Jun 25, 2009
Hey ladies! I have the opportunity to purchase a mint condition vintage chanel (one with the large Cs) in the jumbo size for 2450 which seems to be on the lower end of the going rate these days! :/

I love it and of course I want it but I already have the same in the jumbo xl size. The jumbo xl has the flat quilting and the jumbo has the more sturdy quilting.

Is adding an extra one too much? TIA!

Nov 23, 2008
Asia
I'm assuming that the vintage jumbo is black as well? Both the vintage xl and jumbo are so similar, that I would get only one out of the two, unless they are of different colors or fabrications. My two cents :smile:

kisenian

Jun 25, 2009
I'm assuming that the vintage jumbo is black as well? Both the vintage xl and jumbo are so similar, that I would get only one out of the two, unless they are of different colors or fabrications. My two cents :smile:
^ ITA. I would also suggest getting the jumbo with the smaller CCs instead.
Thanks guys for your feedback! There is also a white caviar in the vintage jumbo size as well which I am considering. I have such a hard time getting away from this look!

sas7369

O.G.
Mar 23, 2008
Thanks guys for your feedback! There is also a white caviar in the vintage jumbo size as well which I am considering. I have such a hard time getting away from this look!
I love these vintage larger CCs as well, better than the smaller CCs I think, in terms of the jumbo sizes, for my taste.

I think size wise its good to have both. And the jumbo is a bit more versatile since its smaller.

If both are the quilted lambskin, maybe get the new jumbo in a different pattern and/or leather. e.g. caviar and the vertical stitching (e.g. not the diamond quilting). Here is a link of an example: http://www.malleries.com/chanel-black-caviar-jumbo-flap-bag-i-48178-s-199.html. I have also seen horizontal quilting (3 series I think it was). That way they vary just enough other than in size. And I love caviar in terms of wear over time.

Or of course like you said you can get a different color.

So many choices...problem is Chanel is always a good choice! Hope you find the one you want.

Nov 23, 2008
Asia
Vintage white caviar jumbo?! :love: If it's in great condition, this would definitely add variety to your vintage collection! Good luck with your decision!

shir529

O.G.
Jul 12, 2010
I have vintage xl with the large CCs and vintage jumbo with small CCs...I think you need both...they may look similar in size but I'm so happy I have the variety...I can't believe the price they are going for now, grab it before you regret it! :smile: