I have a very boring and ugly...............

bobobags

I love your bag!!!
Mar 25, 2006
back yard! I want a back yard make over.....relaxing,colorful! I have a nice size yard with one tree(lemon). I have a great sun deck with a porch swing and patio furniture that I had custom built for me. I love to sit out there in the evenings, but it is just dull and boring. Do you have any pics you can share of your beautiful relaxing yards? Thanks :P

my backyard is like a nightmare.we has a swimming pool that can't be used anymore because i think the pump is broken or something like that.the pool was abandoned for years until the color of the water turns green.people said that we keep a crocodile in the pool as a pet.

I'd like to do something to my back yard to make it more relaxing also. My biggest issue is my neighbor and all her cats. I had a landscaper come when I bought the house and place stones and get rid of all the grass. Sorry no pics.

my backyard is like a nightmare.we has a swimming pool that can't be used anymore because i think the pump is broken or something like that.the pool was abandoned for years until the color of the water turns green.people said that we keep a crocodile in the pool as a pet.

lol! I'd get it fixed and enjoy it!

OP, have you looked at HGTV or Better Homes and Gardens website? Lots of great photos for inspiration. My backyard is okay. I have a concrete patio that is painted a terracotta color and it is way too big for my liking- I wish there was more grass. I've toyed w/ installing one of those gazebo type things on the patio- the open ones they have at Lowe's, Sam's Club, etc., that you mount into the ground and/or install on a patio.

Something like this: http://www.target.com/Sean-Conway-T...ie=UTF8&node=10824111&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

I have seen ones w/ a solid roof though at Lowe's and not just a canopy. But then if I get sick of it, it is not easy to remove. I have a nice flower bed and potted plants in the backyard, it is just not all that exciting. There are some Adirondack chairs w/ cushions and a little tables out there as well as a grill I never use b/c it is just easier for me to use a grill pan inside (live alone).

back yard! I want a back yard make over.....relaxing,colorful! I have a nice size yard with one tree(lemon). I have a great sun deck with a porch swing and patio furniture that I had custom built for me. I love to sit out there in the evenings, but it is just dull and boring. Do you have any pics you can share of your beautiful relaxing yards? Thanks :P

Like you its my back yard... I would just like to blow it up and start over.... Maybe some day.

We just spent the last three months nonstop working on our backyard. We had a horrible slope from side to side to contend with. It was a completely unusable space. We actually ended up ripping out all the grass, leveling it out and installing these really cool pavers. We love it. It's finally ready to enjoy - just some plants and trees left. It doesn't even look like the same yard!

We don't have a yard, but we have a deck - and it is so boring I can't stand to look at it!!! But patio furniture is SO expensive... ughh

I have boring hair too Sternchen!!

Oops - forgot to attach the pics on my last post.

This one shows most of the yard. It's not a huge yard, but it feels so much bigger than it did before with its unusable slope. Our lot is surrounded by trees which you can see here - it's so private.
attachment.php

This picture shows from the other side. You can see we've installed landscape lighting in the walls which obviously isn't on yet, but creates such an ambient feel in the evening. The far wall is where we'll be planting lots of trees and plants to "green" up the place. LOL at that one poor little lonely plant in there. (Please excuse the solars - they're not staying).
attachment.php

IMG_0702.jpg IMG_0700.jpg

I've been thinking about sprucing up my back yard also. I have a huge pine cone tree in my back yard which is the only tree. I also want to palnt some bushes in the front of the house and on the side. I think I'll look at some gardening sites or HGTV and get some really good ideas.

Spinky your back yard is beautiful.

Spinky! Love your pictures!!!!!

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence is true, at least for me. Here's a picture of our "backyard" and I want to do it over, too, but there's not much I can do about it, as it would take a major overhauling just to redo the pool and pool deck to the way that I want it. Bobobags.....you'll come up with something!

Attachments

• 100_6584.jpg
    100_6584.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 68