I have a theory about colours... prove me wrong!

Where are you located and what colours do you like in bags?

• Old continent, neutrals

• Non-old continent, neutrals

• Old continent, bright shades

• Non-old continent, bright shades

Results are only viewable after voting.

mariabdc

Runner
O.G.
Sep 11, 2007
Since I joined the Purse Forum back in September (eight months of shared joy with all of you, a growing collection... and increasing bank debt....), I have noticed that members based in the Old Continent tend to like and purchase neutral colours, whereas other members (notably, yankees) love brighter shades and newer styles...

Is this true? Is it more likely to be related to personality than nationality? I am not a sociologist, just curious!

Please, state your country of origin and what colours you have in your closet (bags only)...

ME: Spain
Whiskey
Cognac
Chocolate 3x
Black 2x
Camel
Dark red
CONCLUSION: I LOVE NEUTRALS!

Oh what interesting observations!

I'm from the UK and have
Chocolate
Moka
Muscade
Chocolate Wallet
I just don't think I'd use a bright bag enough to justify the spending, neutrals go with everything! So easy!

Ps.
mariabdc , what is the 'holy grail?'

Oh what interesting observations!

I'm from the UK and have
Chocolate
Moka
Muscade
Chocolate Wallet
I just don't think I'd use a bright bag enough to justify the spending, neutrals go with everything! So easy!

Ps.
mariabdc , what is the 'holy grail?'

Hey Cat, you have to update your signature to include your latest acquisition... i am in love with her:heart:... may i ask how much it was?

I broke my ban for a beautiful whiskey small betty:love: which should be on its way to Spain soon:wlae:... It was too tempting to let her go:heart:!
I've started a confession section in the Chloe Purse Ban Club... Everyone is welcome to own up!:shame:

Hey Cat, you have to update your signature to include your latest acquisition... i am in love with her:heart:... may i ask how much it was?

I broke my ban for a beautiful whiskey small betty:love: which should be on its way to Spain soon:wlae:... It was too tempting to let her go:heart:!
I've started a confession section in the Chloe Purse Ban Club... Everyone is welcome to own up!:shame:

Your right, I do need to do some updating! She was around £250 :s, but it was a holiday/new job present! I :heart:her too!

Oh how exciting, when will she be with you? After seeing a Betty in real life I think they are beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures!

US - midwest (old lady - could be a factor...)

Black (2)
Gold
Tan
Chocolate patent
Mastic (off white)
Jade
Vermillion

Have no issues with bright colors. Would LOVE to have more - purple, yellow and hot pink especially!

Well I am Canadian but with a strong Egyptian background so not sure what category I fall under, but this is what I have:

Whiskey
Cream
Black
Navy
Brown
Mousse

I can't seem to get myself to pay a lot for non earth tone bags!!!

Thank you ladies for your input...
i wonder what the results would be like in the Balenciaga subforum... so much choice is just too tempting...
I couldnt bring myself to pay so much money for a bright bag... i feel i would tire more easily and she wouldnt match my wardrobe...

I'm from the UK and my colours are a bit of a mix:

Metallic bleu nuit (now sold)
Vermillion
Taupe
Dark brown
Charcoal

I've spotted a lovely patent navy on NAP and am doing my utmost to resist! But I must confess that I love the bright Bal colours and have way too many of them!

Hi there,

I think I am no exception to your rule ~

jeans moyen,
blanc
noir
whiskey
camel
2 chocolate (1 sold)
mucade (also sold)

They are all black, white and various browns!...oh and a pale blue/grey

Neutrals and metallics-- with a splash of color thrown in--too many bags to list the colors---I'm now paring down my collection trying to balance my colors and bags. I have/had too many browns, blacks and metallics. All of a sudden I find myself gravitating to white/off white/cream bags--maybe it's the spring/summer thing, but my vote was for neutrals.

I live in the south (FL).

I assume we're not just talking Chloe, right? I only have 2 of those in my collection, but I have many other designer bags.

US of A

Black
Khaki (green)
Olive Brown
Sage Green
Electric Blue
Petrol Blue
Slate Grey
Topaz (blue/green)
Grey
Red
Faded Brick (Peachy color)