I have a scammer hot on my tail

Mustlovedogs

The Cut N Curl Girl
Apr 25, 2007
As far as confirmed addresses go, both my business and my home addresses are confirmed through PayPal so it is possible that his confirmed address is at his place of work.
In general, I would e-mail the guy back, tell him that he is not going to get away with what ever he is trying to pull and that you have the receipt showing that the box weighed 5.6lbs. You can check with UPS and they might even have a system to confirm that is STILL weighed 5.6 lbs when it was delivered. I know of other sellers who have been able to use the documented weight of a particular package as proof of mailing the item. I would hardly think an empty box would weigh over 5 lbs! He can't go back on his word by then claiming that there was something other than the bag inside the box because you have his e-mails (Keep those!!) where he stated himself that the box was empty. He probably is a clueless jerk who actually thinks he is going to get away with it!!!!
Stand your ground and don't waiver. You know for a fact that you mailed the bag.

Jul 12, 2007
I would simply tell him that I mailed the bag, I have proof and proof it was received per the signature of receipt, and if he thinks someone removed the bag after it was sent, HE needs to contact authorities as you are NOT responsible once the bag is signed for.

Then add him to your blocked bidder list.

Nov 20, 2007
As far as confirmed addresses go, both my business and my home addresses are confirmed through PayPal so it is possible that his confirmed address is at his place of work.
In general, I would e-mail the guy back, tell him that he is not going to get away with what ever he is trying to pull and that you have the receipt showing that the box weighed 5.6lbs. You can check with UPS and they might even have a system to confirm that is STILL weighed 5.6 lbs when it was delivered. I know of other sellers who have been able to use the documented weight of a particular package as proof of mailing the item. I would hardly think an empty box would weigh over 5 lbs! He can't go back on his word by then claiming that there was something other than the bag inside the box because you have his e-mails (Keep those!!) where he stated himself that the box was empty. He probably is a clueless jerk who actually thinks he is going to get away with it!!!!
Stand your ground and don't waiver. You know for a fact that you mailed the bag.

I'd do that and report him to ebay as a potential fraudster.

forenfinal

My 'lil honeybun!
Mar 9, 2007
I would simply tell him that I mailed the bag, I have proof and proof it was received per the signature of receipt, and if he thinks someone removed the bag after it was sent, HE needs to contact authorities as you are NOT responsible once the bag is signed for.

Then add him to your blocked bidder list.

AMEN :okay:

You have record of the shipping rate paid - let him deal with it...:lol:
I HATE SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!:boxing:

FlgirlFM

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
Sounds like I am on the right track. I did get him to email and say the box was empty, so he can't go back and say I weighted the box. Last night, I sent the following email and he responded very politely that he could wait for my response on Tuesday. He now knows I have proof of everything. He does keep mentioning my great Ebay feedback. Seems that he is quietly threatening my rating. Idiot...I hate scammers and I really hope I can win this battle. I would love to leave him out 850 dollars...more than the bag should have sold for...

From me to him last night:
All I know at this point is the purse was boxed and mailed from the UPS store, sealed in front of me and several witnesses, and sent with full insurance. It successfully made it to your location on time and was accepted by your secretary. What happened to it beyond that point I don't know...it still seems to me you need to have a discussion with your secretary or someone else at your location. I have proof of mailing, proof of weight, proof of insurance, proof of delivery and proof of acceptance. I also maintained a copy of the Gucci receipt and have photos of every detail of the bag. I completed my end of the transaction and, for the record, I am quite perturbed that you would even insinuate that I "forgot to put it in the box". I'll contact UPS as the shipper and see what they have to say, but the insurance claim may be something you have to handle.

His response back to me last night:
O.K.I appologize I didn't want to insult you,I sad forgot because I really mean forgot and not in purpose.......Why would you not include it?You have a great feedback,and the box arrived like you promised!
Allright,I will wait for your answer.Thank you.

xaznxsimplicity

rawr
O.G.
Jul 25, 2007
Sounds like I am on the right track. I did get him to email and say the box was empty, so he can't go back and say I weighted the box. Last night, I sent the following email and he responded very politely that he could wait for my response on Tuesday. He now knows I have proof of everything. He does keep mentioning my great Ebay feedback. Seems that he is quietly threatening my rating. Idiot...I hate scammers and I really hope I can win this battle. I would love to leave him out 850 dollars...more than the bag should have sold for...

From me to him last night:
All I know at this point is the purse was boxed and mailed from the UPS store, sealed in front of me and several witnesses, and sent with full insurance. It successfully made it to your location on time and was accepted by your secretary. What happened to it beyond that point I don't know...it still seems to me you need to have a discussion with your secretary or someone else at your location. I have proof of mailing, proof of weight, proof of insurance, proof of delivery and proof of acceptance. I also maintained a copy of the Gucci receipt and have photos of every detail of the bag. I completed my end of the transaction and, for the record, I am quite perturbed that you would even insinuate that I "forgot to put it in the box". I'll contact UPS as the shipper and see what they have to say, but the insurance claim may be something you have to handle.

His response back to me last night:
O.K.I appologize I didn't want to insult you,I sad forgot because I really mean forgot and not in purpose.......Why would you not include it?You have a great feedback,and the box arrived like you promised!
Allright,I will wait for your answer.Thank you.
LOL! I read the whole thing. Stupid scammer(probably). You told him all your proofs of stuff. Then he finally goes, "ookokokok!! I received it! THANKS!!!" ............. LOL Nice try, scammer. :roflmfao:

I hope everything gonna still turn out good for you! :tup::okay:

balihai88

O.G.
Jul 31, 2006
I caNOT believe some of the stuff people dream up! As if you are really that idiotic of a seller!! I hope his lame, half-baked scam backfires on him bigtime. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this but it sounds like you did everything right.

Nov 20, 2007
You could write to the people who have sold him goods in the past to see if they have been cheated before. Sometimes all Paypal requires is evidence and if you can collect a few other instances it would greatly help your case because then they'll know he's outright cheating and not an accident. Good luck!