I have a question about second chance offers

valeri

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I sent out a second chance offer to a bidder and it expired. My question is can I send the offer again? The bidder is still interested and didn't see it. If I can how so you submit the offer again?

They've made so many changes lately, I really don't know. Have you tried it to see if it will go through?

Does the buyer seem legitimate? Trustworthy?

If so, you could always just ask them to send payment and ship the item. Since the original listing and the SCO have expired, you're under no obligation to eBay.

Did they say why they let the SCO expire?

If it was me, I would just go to Paypal and send this second chance buyer an invoice, since they are already interested in buying the item.
I don't know how to re-do an expired SCO, as I usually contact the 2nd buyer first and ask them if they still want it before I send a SCO.

They have a feedback of 181 and it's 100% positive and she said she was just checking her messages. I looked to see if I can submit the SCO again but the only offers I can submit are from the other bidders who bid lower.

If it was me, I would just go to Paypal and send this second chance buyer an invoice, since they are already interested in buying the item.
I don't know how to re-do an expired SCO, as I usually contact the 2nd buyer first and ask them if they still want it before I send a SCO.

How do i do that through paypal?

Just make sure the buyer understands what is happening. I don't think the PayPal SPP applies in this type of situation either, so you may be left hanging of the payment bounces.

Also, there will be no FB either way.

Another option to consider is just relisting the item with the buyer's ID as the title and only a basic description. Once the listing is up and you get the item number, email it to the bidder. You can't preapprove bidders anymore, so this is the only way to make an auction for one person, but if someone else happens to stumble on the listing, they CAN bid/buy it.

if you do that, it will be off ebay though, is that ok with you and the buyer ?
go to your paypal account, there should be a page for requesting money or something like that , just click on it and go from there.