I have a messed up thumb nail...

dawnsfinallywed

"ks authenticator"
Feb 5, 2011
Savannah
Hi. The nail bed on my thumb is completely destroyed from acrylics and then an accident that made it worse. 2 questions...
1. Do you think it will ever grow back correctly...
2. Paint it or not???

Opinions? Thoughts?

Attachments

lovlouisvuitton

I Love Evo's & LV's!
Authenticator
Aug 16, 2012
:Running amuck in Oz!
Hi. The nail bed on my thumb is completely destroyed from acrylics and then an accident that made it worse. 2 questions...
1. Do you think it will ever grow back correctly...
2. Paint it or not???

Opinions? Thoughts?
The same thing happened to my left hand pointer finger. It got caught when closing a School door! :doh:

Leave it alone & it will eventually grow back, try NOT to damage the cuticle area & leave that alone too. It will grow out depending on how long your nails take to grow. Some people have nails that grow out quickly, but I noticed my damage finger nail grew out way slower. I lost the nail twice in 1 year due to acrylics. NEVER EVER let them (manicurist or do it yourself) soak off the acrylic as that does weaken the nail bed & knocking it by accident causes further damage to the nail bed. I know it's hard, but try to be patient with it. As I stated I lost mine twice in a year (due to soaking off acrylic & it's the only nail where I have a fake nail put on due to the damage & it grows out as a hangnail), so I had no nail on it for over a year.

dawnsfinallywed

"ks authenticator"
Feb 5, 2011
Savannah
The same thing happened to my left hand pointer finger. It got caught when closing a School door! :doh:

Leave it alone & it will eventually grow back, try NOT to damage the cuticle area & leave that alone too. It will grow out depending on how long your nails take to grow. Some people have nails that grow out quickly, but I noticed my damage finger nail grew out way slower. I lost the nail twice in 1 year due to acrylics. NEVER EVER let them (manicurist or do it yourself) soak off the acrylic as that does weaken the nail bed & knocking it by accident causes further damage to the nail bed. I know it's hard, but try to be patient with it. As I stated I lost mine twice in a year (due to soaking off acrylic & it's the only nail where I have a fake nail put on due to the damage), so I had no nail on it for over a year.

Yeah, the edges seem to be growing inward, and that drives me insane, so I end up cutting them off...