i have a confession to make...

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. i've always been an LV lover and that is how i got addicted to this site. sooo lately i have been in the hermes forum (so addicted to it) and now all i can think of is sell all my lv and other designer bags so i can invest and my dream birkin bag...

does anyone else feel the same way?????:crybaby:

ive had dreams that ill accidentally walk into an hermes store and find a birkin ready to be sold. since this would be a rare opportunity id have to purchase one even though my hubby would kill me when he sees the amex bill...:censor:

do you think 7k for a bag is worth it????

2. I'm a Birkin wannabe-owner too!

Just to LYK, if you're not fussy, you CAN walk in and get a Birkin... DH was in the Chicago H store today for the first time, and was offered a Birkin (but NOT the one I wanted... and they wouldn't waitlist him either). So I did have a chance, but I'm holding out for my Rouge H or Rouge Vif!

Anyway, so me - I would defintely spend $7K on a bag!

I still like LV, but I've started falling in love with other brands, esp Chanel and Hermes. I don't think I'd sell my LVs since I still like them too! Anyhoo... I figure by the time I actually even get ON a Birkin waitlist, I should have saved up enough for one by then!

3. nah....I love LV, Hermes is too "old" for me now....I'm 19...........

4. Hermes is a *someday* bag for me. I mean if it was something I really wanted NOW, I probably would have skipped over Chanel and LV and gone straight to Hermes.
    But I like the fun pieces LV makes because that's where I'm at right now with my tastes..I have a few more formal bags, especially my Chanels, and that's all I need for now.
    Eventually I'll get a Birkin but it's not an emergency for me.

5. wow really???? oh my gosh do you know what they offered him?? im going to chicago in october for a wedding. maybe i can drag the dh there and get lucky hehe

6. i think there's someone else on the forum who wants to sell all her bags and focus on Hermes only for the rest of her life or something :lol:

anyway, right now i'm still into LV, but i will get a Birkin someday. in fact my mom has agreed to make it my graduation+birthday gift, since both are in December, but i really don't know if i want a Birkin now :shrugs:

7. I also dream of Birkins lately, but that will never take the place of LV for me. I want a Birkin , but would never trade my LV's for one.neva, EVA, NEVA!:yahoo:

8. haha, birkin is all worth it.. IMO.... i've been also saving for a :yahoo: birkin JPG for about a month now, i know i will have it soon(lolz)... It's all worth it dear, but i will never sell my LVs ever..:yes: I would definitely spend $7K or more on a bag! :love:

9. you are all right. ill miss all my lvs. itll always be a classic to me as the value goes up and i can pass them down to my daughters one day. though i do want to kick myself for buying marc jacobs bags almost every month for the past 2 years. i would have had at least 2 birkins by now! sheesh.

10. Honestly, I do not think that I would spend 7K for a bag. The thing that I like about LV is that they offer some great bags that are not super outrageous-- papilion, speedy, mezzo, saleya, etc.

Plus, Hermes is gorgeous, but I am only 22 and like someone already said, it is alittle "old" for me. Perhaps when I am in my 30s or even 40s it will appeal to me more:smile:

11. oh, well then, if you must, sell the Marc Jacobs and get the Birkins :lol:!

12. I think Hermes is totally worth it. I can't afford it now thank goodness. Because I know I won't be able to stop at just one.

13. I actually did it it but not for Hermes. I sold almost all my LVs except for my MC white lodge pm which is just because eBay is so slow. I sold them to buy leather bags especially Balenciagas because they fit much better with my cloths and life style. I never regretted it to get rid of all my mono things as they were too flashy for me. I do like some epi pieces and damier but not enough to buy them right now. I'm really happy with my Bbags and Chloes especially I'm a leather addict. Do whatever you feel best with. The good thing about LV is that most pieces will be there for ever and it won't be a problem to re-buy them.

14. I wouldn't. To me that $7,000 is a nice part of a downpayment on an LV trunk.:yes:

15. I, too, think that Hermes is too old for me right now, but hopefully someday when I am older and it would look more right on me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice