I have 3 Nikkis, but I never

Tigistylist

Feral Mommy
Nov 9, 2008
I have 3 Nikkis, but I never use them at all. I have the basics, black, blue, red.
OK........ Noir, Amazing leather siggy hardware. Found her new on the bay. Next the Yummy! Old school Navy, with CC. Need I say more?
Last Old School Wine Nikki,with Paisley!

I don't know what to do? I've never used them. I really can't say if I ever will. To tell the truth, I've used BBW MAB for Monthssssssssssssssss. I can never part with BBW MAB.
Keep all of them? Keep one?:confused1::thinking:

Oh Tigi, those sound divine! Why don't you make it a point to switch into each one in the next few weeks and see how you feel about each one now since it's been so long since you've carried them. That will give you a better idea if it's worth keeping or not..

I go back and forth all the time with Nikki. I agree with Tara. Switch into each one for a few weeks. You may just be a MAB gal, but like the IDEA of the Nikki

They're all great nikki's to have. Great leathers. Wine is personally my favorite. Hmmm, well, maybe you could keep the Navy Nikki since that is impossible to find and trade/sell the other two nikki's for MABs. You should be able to find a noir MAB and wine MAB on bonz or ebay. Although Noir and BBW may be too similar. I recently got rid of all but 1 of my nikki's since they don't work for me and got a couple new MAM's. Funny, first when I joined RM, I was not a "satchel" person at all and always used Nikki's. My tastes always change, if you think you'll ever use them at some point then keep them, otherwise let em go!

They're all great nikki's to have. Great leathers. Wine is personally my favorite. Hmmm, well, maybe you could keep the Navy Nikki since that is impossible to find and trade/sell the other two nikki's for MABs. You should be able to find a noir MAB and wine MAB on bonz or ebay. Although Noir and BBW may be too similar. I recently got rid of all but 1 of my nikki's since they don't work for me and got a couple new MAM's. Funny, first when I joined RM, I was not a "satchel" person at all and always used Nikki's. My tastes always change, if you think you'll ever use them at some point then keep them, otherwise let em go!

What Nikki did you keep? Wine? On the Wine Paisley, oh my. I do have a Wine MAM with Paisley also.

What Nikki did you keep? Wine? On the Wine Paisley, oh my. I do have a Wine MAM with Paisley also.

Nope, the only nikki I own now is my Sage Stamp one. I sold my wine, sunshine, distressed black, traded my dark grey.... Sage stamp I'll keep foreverrrr though! I did just find a lovely wine MAM w/fleur de lis on bonanza and have a wine MAC w/signature hw :smile:

Wow, those are all great Nikkis. But if you aren't going to use them, it may be time to part with them. Maybe try selling just one and see how you feel? What color would you most be likely to use?

I agree that I would try carrying one for a couple days and see how I felt. If you decide you love it, then you know what to do. If you find yourself wishing you had your MAB and annoyed with the Nikki, you will know what to do.

I used to only love satchels. I have a couple MAMs and I love them. But I bought a mini nikki and then a nikki and I love them too. They are so comfortable to carry. I really do love having both.

I have the opposite problem. I prefer hobos over satchels in general, but some days I just really want a satchel. Shoulder straps are important to me on a satchel though and i never find the mam as comfortable with them. I sold off all but one mam and beefed up my nikki collection. That way when the mood hits, I can use the mam. All that to say, I still kinda am thinking about letting go of the last mam because I find my treesje mini asher way more comfy to use than the mam......yes, I know, blasphemy! :lolots:

So that's my long winded way of saying, pick your favorite nikki and let the rest go. If they are not getting used, no point in keeping them. JMO

OP why don't you like carrying your Nikkis? I'm asking because I'm going through the same thing.

I have MAMs and one Nikki. The MAMs are sometimes uncomfortable to carry on my arm, but they are soooo easy to access. My Nikki is very comfortable to carry, and I love the look of her (I'm not giving her up), but I struggle to get my wallet, keys, etc. in and out of her. I've tried using a purse-to-go and it doesn't help. I simply can't perform the maneuver of opening and reaching in while she is on my arm. I have a LV Neverfull and I have no issue because unlike the Nikki, the top is open and easy to access. Does anyone else have this issue?

Nikki takes practice, but I find that I can grab the top and open it wide while on my shoulder and find what I need easily enough. I don't carry a lot though, so it's easy to see it all. I put most of my stuff in my wallet or 2 pouches in my bag and I use the slip pockets too. So it's all pretty easy to access.

I try not to keep bags that I don’t use. But when bags are rare, or extra pretty/special, it’s harder to let go of them. If you don’t need the money, I wouldn’t rush to sell them. Two suggestions I’ve used:

(1) “Hide” them for a certain period of time. If you don’t miss them (or even if you semi-forgot you had them), I’d sell them.
(2) Make yourself carry each one for a certain number of days in a row. If you find yourself wanting to pick up another bag instead, or find that you don’t like carrying one for some reason, I’d sell it.

You could use the money towards another MAB, or save it for another HG that might come along, or use it for something else entirely. But because all of your bags would be hard to find again, I wouldn’t sell unless you’re pretty sure you won’t regret it. Tough decision – best of luck!

I would try each one out for a week and keep at least one. My vote would be for Old School Navy - I have a recut of it and its TDF, a bag I constantly find myself using.
Nikkis are my favorite bag because they hold so much and fit over your shoulder easily, its a struggle for me to get a MAM over my shoulder and I don't like using a long strap and having a bag hitting my thigh