I hate when....

Coach Dedicated

Always another bag..
Oct 10, 2009
when I call the outlets (I know the weather sucks, and I'm sorry) but my bag has already be on hold for 48 hours and they sound so annoyed. I even apologize for having them do this. A lady picked up and I asked her nicely and even apologized. Then a man picked up and was said they had nothing under my name. It went back and forth twice and when I asked who I was speaking to, the lady responded with "I'm XXX, why? would you rather speak to the man?". I was like WTF?!?!?! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't keeping two people occupied with the same problem.

Plus, I'm sick as a dog, and don't want to go out and possibly get other people sick. While she was taking my information, she was laughing too (though hopefully not at me - but it's still rude).

I'm sick and starting to lose my voice - so I'm sure I sound like a man - I know, it's sexy.

Sorry I had to vent. Thanks for listening.

i seem to always play the devil's advocate here :P

the sales associate was less then stellar in her customer service, but, there is a reason why holds are 48 hours. its to make things more fair. especially at the outlets where its mostly grab it if you see it, otherwise it could be gone and not ever show up again (at least not as good of a chance it'll still be there like full price stores)

if you really want it and can't make it out because you're sick, do a paid hold over the phone. you can always still return again later. if not, take it how i do, if its there the next time its meant to be, that type of attitude.

SA's always seem to get personally offended when there is a return or a hold or some such going on. I've never understood it. Obviously there are the nice SA's out there, but I have gotten many a look from a manager in the past, and I don't think it's necessary. I'm sorry you got such unprofessional service.

i don't think its 'personal' offense so much as they can't separate one customer experience with another. it may not apply to you but there are quite a few customers out there that are rude and underhanded when it comes to things like these, and a lot of times they get angry, irritated, etc and lash out at the sales associates.

i do agree it was and is unprofessional. not all customers are the same.

Last edited:
I think the reason why they don't want to hold it longer is probablty bc another customer really wants it and they gott be fair right? max is 48 hrs..so 48hrs is up.

sorry that your sick, but if you really can't go and pick it up, go ask them to charge you over the phone and they'll ship it to you =)

Sorry to hear that you are sick!!! You are lucky your outlet will at least hold for a couple of days!!! Mine won't hold anything (at least they told me clearance!!!) They can do a charge hold for 14 days then you have to go get it!!! (I have done the charge hold route and didn't realize that they charge your card!! - I guess I thought they just took your CC info and had it in case you didn't show up!!)

Hope you can get your bag soon!!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I am sorry you are so sick...

I know it is super hard to deal with the Outlet esp via phone... They need to get better customer service...