i hate to see...

i_love_yorkie

and BAGS
O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
when sellers state in her listing that they will not accept bidding from 0fb buyer and will cancel them without permission.
but what i've seen, they dont. they just keep it. like to bring up the price...kwim...

very annoying

^Same here.
I have on mine that I would like under 10fb buyers to email me before bidding...very few ever do but MOST are legitimate. I did have an NPB this week from a 5fb buyer. :nogood:

i dont know if they contact the sellers or not but what if they dont and seller still keep those 0fb buyer to keep the price up?
like if i have an item up for auction, 5 0fb bidders bid it together w some other potential buyers. instead i have to retract the other 5 out (as they dont contact me), i keep them and let other keep bidding on it. so the other 5 helped me to push up the price. know what im talking about
i think im just over reacted for nothing...
hehe, but it bother me;)

I state in my auction no 0 fb bidders, they don't seem to care and bid anyway, I email them asking how they plan to play for the item in case they win, if I don't get a reply, means they are just placing random bids and are not really interested in the item and just bid for the heck of it! Out of 10 times I cancel a bid from 0 fb bidders, maybe 2 will reply that they plan to go thru with the transaction in case they win. I rest my case.

hahaha to each his own i guess :smile: but i get what you mean yorkie....i guess for a buyer its annoying coz the price gets jacked up...but for the seller its ok since that means more profit :smile:

The only reason I don't cancel is because I haven't had a LOT of trouble with under 10 fb buyers. They usually pay right away so I don't want to just haul off and cancel someone's bid (even though I get a little peeved when they don't read that they need to email me first).

^That's how you actually should do it (and the best way to win)...you bid the absolute most you're willing to pay, not just keep bidding in increments. I've always done it this way; for example, if there's a ring I want (as random example) and it starts at $25.00, I'm not going to only bid $27.00, I'm going to bid the highest amount I want to pay, that way, if it goes over, I won't bother bidding again.
This is what it says on ebay about bidding:

Here's how bidding on eBay works:
When you place a bid, you enter the maximum amount you're willing to pay for the item. The seller and other bidders won't know your maximum bid amount.

eBay places bids on your behalf starting with the next bid increment for the auction. We'll bid as much as necessary to make sure that you remain the high bidder (or to meet the reserve price). We'll keep bidding for you until bidding reaches your maximum amount.

If another bidder has placed the same bid before you or a higher maximum bid, we'll let you know that you've been outbid so that you can place another bid if you want. However, if no other bidder has a higher maximum bid at the end of the auction, you win the item even if your bid doesn't go as high as your maximum bid. You could pay significantly less than your maximum price. This means you don't have to keep coming back to re-bid every time another bid is placed.