I hate to admit it, but the Miranda is REALLY heavy!

LittlePetunia

Dec 29, 2006
I am in love with the Miranda - have it in both black and bordeaux - but am I the only one who finds it very heavy? I can't take it shopping - only carry it back and forth to work - and even leave it in the car when I go into the supermarket (just take my wallet with me!). Maybe I need to start lifting weights...lol. :sad:

please don't leave your purse in the car! do you keep it covered up? I'd just hate to think a theif would break your window to find nothing or even take it.

Hate to say it, but it doesn't sound like the Miranda is the bag for you. You have to be able to carry it. ;) If I had a bag I couldn't take shopping with me or had to leave in the car because its too heavy.....then I'd say its time for a new bag.:yes:

I have a bordeaux Miranda. I just switched over to her last night. Yes, it's an extremely heavy bag, but I don't care! I lug it everywhere!! I even brought it with me when I took my 3 year old son to a friend's birthday party at a children's museum. In hindsight, this was not a wise choice to bring, because I was busy chasing around after my kiddo, but normally the weight doesn't bother me at all.

I don't have the Miranda but I do think it's really heavy.. I always pick it up in the store and oogle it but I could never buy it. I love it in white.

Well.. I would probably buy it if I had a nice professional job and somewhere to take it besides the park :lol:

I held the Miranda for the first time when they first came out and was amazed by the heaviness and it had nothing in it. I couldn't imagine how heavy it would be with anything in it. It is beautiful though.

I know what you mean...I love big bags and have many of them but I always end up cursing when having to lug them to the grocery store or out with my kids. There's nothing worse than chasing kids and trying to keep up with a heavy bag!

I have her in bordeaux and I definately bare bones it to keep her from becoming too heavy. I'm used to loading up my bags with everything I own, so if I leave some of that stuff out.. it seems to be about the same weight.

I don't have one but I know it is really heavy. My SA at my store owns one and she said she does not carry it because it hurts her arm and shoulder. She is carrying a white Tano crossbody bag which I understand is quite lightweight. I refuse to carry a bag that hurts me no matter how pretty it is.