I hate this, but this makes it worth it (no chatting)

Roku

Subscriptions Rock
O.G.
Jan 16, 2011
I love ongoing strings where people contribute their two cents without fear of being responded to. I was going to suggest a Chanel haiku one but I thought that was a little bit over the top so instead I picked an easier thing - we all have something we hate about our Chanel - whether it be price or maintenance etc - but there is something about it still that makes it all worthwhile.

Following this theme, please no chatting, can we see how many memes we can get in this format:

"I hate _____. But ____ makes it worth it."

I will begin.

I hate how year after year Chanel's prices go up at a ridiculously insane rate. But seeing the investments I made in the past (like a caviar double flap purchased in 2008 for I think $2,450) go for much higher six years later even USED, makes it worth it.

I hate how the woven chain is so darned heavy. But knowing that it is this beautiful chain that will dress up even the bummiest outfits by just throwing it over my shoulder, makes it worth it.

I hate that chanel makes it incredibly difficult to find the color and style I want. But once it's in my hands And I think of how (hard/long) I (waited by joining a waiting list/worked on calling every store) for it, makes it worth it.

I hate how nobody bought the half moon WOC this or last season. But anticipating the next time I see it in an upcoming look book makes it worth it

I hate having to decide which bag I want. There are so many to choose from and I want them all! I love that I have an SA that has worked at Chanel for over 20 years and knows my existing bags. She's the best at helping me make decisions.

I hate it when sales associates at Chanel, esp at dept stores, are clueless about previous year's models so I can't have a decent conversation. But then realizing that this truly signals my passion for Chanel (fueled by all the members here!!) and my accumulated knowledge because of my love of the brand, makes it worth it. (ETA Wow that is so eerie two posts simultaneously of same theme and completely diverse points of view! All stores should have SAs like yours, Rharris1!)

Last edited:
I hate it when a purchase leaves a hole in my bank account. But staring at my new Chanel placed on my nightstand before I go to bed makes it worth it. :smile:

I hate when something breaks or tears and I need to take my Chanel in to the spa. Knowing that there is a spa (and there will always be a spa, forever and ever, vs the last time I took a tote into Tod's because a foot came off the SA gave me a card to a recommended repair shop), makes it worth it.

I hate when I purchase a bag in a color that I absolutely LOVE then see a reveal on here of the same bag in a different color and begin to question the color I chose!! However, knowing that I can save and purchase it again in an alternative color makes the doubting in my mind worth it!

I hate that Chanel members are on tpf around the clock and is a horrible and great form of procrastination, But the fact that Chanel members are on tpf around the clock and is a horrible and great form of procrastination, makes it worth it :biggrin:

I hate seeing the perfect colour/size online or in a look book and finding that none of my local stores are planning to stock it. But I love how helpful some SA's can be in trying to find you your perfect bag!

I hate buying a bag which I am thrilled about and then seeing an even more 'me' color released a week later with no prior warning. I love that they do release so many hits.. something for everyone!!