I hate the default 'best match' in searches!

cinshad

Dec 18, 2006
What the heck? Over the years, I have my searches set up to find exactly what I want and they totally mess it up with each "improvement"!!! I have to go an extra step with each search to get it more close to want I a am looking for. And who are they to determine the best match for what I am looking for?
Then they list with almost no rhyme or reason...all mixed up on end times and beginning times and prices. And what criteria are they using to determine the best match? And do some sellers items never even get to the first page of the search? Maybe best matches would be good for me if I went to their LAST page first and worked back. What do you all think of this "Best Match" in search results? Does anyone out there like it?

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I know what you mean, I always go to newly listed. I think best match came with stars thing on feedback, so if you have lower overall rating you are lower on the list..

cinshad

Dec 18, 2006
do a new ebay search for anything, it look at the results.. let me know. It happens with me for any new search now.

cinshad

Dec 18, 2006
List ViewPicture GallerySort by: Time: ending soonestTime: newly listedPrice + Shipping: lowest firstPrice + Shipping: highest firstPrice: highest firstDistance: nearest firstCountry/Region: sort upCountry/Region: sort downBest MatchCategory Customize Display

thanks! I just hit customize display and fixed it for me. I did not realize all the things that you can cusomize as it does not show on my computer as I have large text displaying and just never scroll way to the left. yeah!!!!!!!!!! no more best match for me!