I hate it when people do this...

I have a "feeling" that this is the seller!!!!

Am I wrong????

Yes, you are very wrong, I am not the seller. But, perhaps you are? Why do you think I am the seller? If I were, as others have stated, I would have had two eBay ID's - one for selling and one for purchasing. In addition, the OP who started this thread has openly apologized for doing such, so why would you ask this type of question at this point in time?

Last edited:
I guess I don't see the problem. The buyer/now seller has done nothing wrong. An item is worth what a willing buyer is ready, willing and able to pay for it, and for a HTF item, that's often several times what the original suggested price is.

ITA!!!! that is just smart. don't hate the player - hate the game!;)

I envy the buyer and now seller. I wish I could score something with such a return. I say more power to her. I can't imagine anyone who would NOT want to make all the profit they could make on anything they sold, ebay or otherwise.

I looked at the auction, JUST NOW. I doubt she'll get $900, but more power to her if she does. There hasn't been a Coach bag made I'd pay $900 for BRAND new. IMO they just don't warrant it. That is just me. I do believe she can make quite a nice profit on it though.

how thoughtful of you to come back and set the record straight! it sounds like she is super nice

oh yeah just a side note,,, selling on ebay is UBER expensive but for some reason i thought there was a max on final value fee at $50? ((either way moot point all the fees from them and paypal are ridiculous))

also i think now ebay wont let you leave negative feedback for a buyer, only + or neutral i think

It's NOT just when it comes to "bags like that" that people buy low and sell high.

This is commerce! Even department stores do their best to "buy low, sell high." If you're going to be a successful stock market investor, you want to buy when the price is down and sell at the high.

Timing is everything in a free market and as has been shown, for the current seller, her timing was great.

I guess I don't see the problem. The buyer/now seller has done nothing wrong. An item is worth what a willing buyer is ready, willing and able to pay for it, and for a HTF item, that's often several times what the original suggested price is.

I agree with you, BB. I can't envision ANY seller snabbing a fantastic bargain and flipping it thinking "Oh, I can't make too much money on this". I recently got a fantastic nab on an epi-excellent condition, HTF color, for $100. I've seen them being sold for $250-$400. I am NOT going to list it for $150 in fear I may upset someone.

I understand the heartbreak of an amazing price and being beaten out at the last second. Heck, I've lost out for a nickel....but it's the game. Sour apples happen. it's when you get the sweet apples that makes it worth while