I hate ebay!!

Hope your bag sells soon. I do not support the E at all anymore. Its sad that I now despise a company that I used to love so much. I just feel so bad for the good sellers who will lose business when so many people turn their backs on E. I hope they find somewhere else to go. Lately, I have been more than happy to pay 30% commission to a consignment shop rather than to pay E. :yucky:

I used a reseller for designer goods I was no longer using too.

Let them deal with the hassle of buyers remorse or doubts and ebay policing and shipping...

Worth the thirty percent commision....

I actually had an H tie box removed because of copyright violation one (ie...someone reported it)..A DAMN TIE BOX! JEESH!

So sorry to hear about your problems on eBay, jenyi. eBay has changed in the 8-9 years I have been trading (buying and selling) bags. Even having sold many designer bags on eBay, I am constantly having my listings removed for a number of reasons. The worst is when someone bids on your auction without ever having the intention of paying for it. These happens to me once or twice a month. It is usually other seller(s) who want to "take out the competition".

I read somewhere that 90% of LV goods on eBay are counterfeits. I think eBay should focus their attention on ridding its site of fakes instead of worrying about what payment forms are included in the listings. Unfortunately, it will not change as they are banking on increasing their future revenue stream from Paypal which is why eBay is banning wires and bank checks except for eBay motors.

i know it is so frustrating. every time i list something on fleabay, it's sort of like waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop.....what happens when someone with an authentic bag or other item really actually needs the money, a job loss, sick family member, taxes due, etc...??? clearly gone are the days when anyone at fleabay actually cares about their customers. they'll get what they deserve.......

I've sold plenty of Vuitton bags but I had my good share of cancelled auctions because of copyright issues. I use my bags for a while and then I resell them on ebay so I can buy the next "IT" bag but Ebay put a stop to that. Luckily, I managed to sell most of my bags eventually. I had over 30 bags I needed to get rid of. I won't be selling my Hermes items though, except for the boxes. I sold several last year, and ebay cancelled two of them. I was PISSED!! :tdown:

I read all the stuff here like you about ebay that is too bad. And they are loosing business.

I had stuff to sell and because of all the stuff I read, I gave it to a consignment shop and even if she may take a bit more, that's ok, no work for me, no hassles, no problems, but no money for e-bay, they are loosing business. I wonder if their shareholders know what's going on.?

There are investors who own stock obviously in ebay and don't use the service, it's just shares and I wonder if they know about all these practices as it does cause a loss of revenue. ?

Sorry this happened to you jenyi, and I'm glad you posted to tell us, because from all I read I won't be dong business with ebay.

Thanks for this very informative and good post.

That's good to know that there are people out there now who refuse to use their service. Sorry I'm not into stocks, but are they really losing business and is their stock price dropping? I sure hope so:P I hope someone comes up with a better e-trading website.

They are so rude and unfair, it´s unbelievable. I totally agree - had this happen to a couple of my LVs as well. I wanted to sell off a few things, to get my next hermès faster. :graucho: I guess I´ll keep them as "under the radar" bags, they are nice and elegant after all, they just don´t make me smile as much as my h-babys.

Same here, I still have my LVs that I wanted to sell too, guess I'll keep them for awhile as a less flashy bag for everyday use.

I'm sorry for your troubles Jenyi. There are a ton of
us who have authentic *stuff* we don't want anymore, but
can't or don't want to sell on ebay. Too much aggravation. And don't even get me started on Paypal.

Here's one thing I learned the hard way- if you
edit your listing because of typos or whatever, eBay
will end your listing- some nonsense about selling limits.

I HATE EBAY! AND PAYPAL, TOO!

I wanted to empty my closet of non-H bags that I no longer use but it looks as though I will not be using Ebay. I'm so sorry to hear everyone's troubles; Ebay is not what it used to be.

I recently had selling limits put on my account - several months ago. I was infuriated and emailed ebay about it. The gave me the old "we are trying to protect bidders and guard against selling counterfeit items" line, and wouldn't lift the restrictions. So I figured I just had to live with it. This last time I listed a LV scarf I was trying to revise it during the middle of the listing time and found that I couldn't even revise an item because of the stupid limits. So, I sent a terse email to ebay going through all of their "requirements" for not having restrictions stating that I met every one of them, which I did - and had since I've been on ebay. This time, they lifted the restrictions. I really didn't expect my email to do any good and was surprised that it did. Maybe you just need to email them and be "firm" about it. It worked for me! Good Luck.

I recently had selling limits put on my account - several months ago. I was infuriated and emailed ebay about it. The gave me the old "we are trying to protect bidders and guard against selling counterfeit items" line, and wouldn't lift the restrictions. So I figured I just had to live with it. This last time I listed a LV scarf I was trying to revise it during the middle of the listing time and found that I couldn't even revise an item because of the stupid limits. So, I sent a terse email to ebay going through all of their "requirements" for not having restrictions stating that I met every one of them, which I did - and had since I've been on ebay. This time, they lifted the restrictions. I really didn't expect my email to do any good and was surprised that it did. Maybe you just need to email them and be "firm" about it. It worked for me! Good Luck.

Who wants to jump through these hoops and have to end up paying ebay's and paypal's insane charges to sell on their site.

It's just not worth it. The headaches, the crazy sellers, the severe requirements and jumping through ebay's hoops? I think I will pass. I'm a-okay with not using ebay ever again. :okay:

Thanks Chuck for the advise. I understand what you mean that we need to go out of our way to make ebay work. I guess I'm just very frustrated that they charge so much fee yet their whole system really sucks and ebay's still the largest auction website. As much as I am complaining, I still have to go back to ebay if I want to sell stuff I don't use anymore.

I understand your frustration.

You have to make eBay work for you.... first open a shop (you have to subscribe but cost is low) then start developing a profile selling smaller designer items. Avoid using the designer name in the main title - although your item a bit difficult to find at first, but at least you get it advertised. If you have track record on here, or have met up with other members, use that network and have your items authenticated here.

Second approach, just email any eBay members (ideally living close to you) with a huge track record on trading - and get them to list the items for you. You can either profit share or pay them a fee... of course established eBay resellers may want more, but not all of them.

People who actually buy Birkins on eBay know the bags really well, so if your bag is genuine, smart buyers and consigners will approach you for the bag. Good luck.

jenyi, i know exactly how you feel! the same restrictions have been put on me!! it's so frustrating... especially when you have a non-paying bidder. they won't let you relist for 30 days!!! i am not a reseller and all my items are authentic with receipts. yet, i can only list 2 items per month. they won't even let me revise items that are active. i have 100% positive feedback and account from when ebay first started.

i share in your frustration and hope ebay changes their policies soon.

Same here! I totally forgot to mention that part too. How stupid it is to be unable to revise your item for typos or description that you forgot or want to add? I doubt they will change this anytime soon as I chatted with their online help and they said they added another new policy that limits total of 5 brand name on top of the the two designer brands. For example, you can only list five brand name items and of the five, only two can be top labels such as LV, Chanel, Hermes, Gucci, etc. So it's even more strict now!