I hate EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do it too.I've lost too many things by trying to get them as cheap as possible but always lost. So the only way to get what you want is by putting in your high maximum bid. Wait until there is 2/3 mins left to put it in and you will have more chance of getting your bag.
Sorry u lost i know how frustrating it is.

The first time that happened to me for something I really wanted..I actually cried a bit...then I knew I was in too deep...lol I'm such a dork..

that sniping service...interesting, I never knew there was one. do they have a service fee?

I always try to put in a maximum bid if I see people starting to bid within the last couple of minutes. I won an inferno stellina off of there last night for 135..I was pretty happy about that..

Auctions i hate them and i love them.They kinda make me feel a bit sick sometimes but you cant beet that feeling when u win.
Sometimes i do wonder if there is such a thing as an ebay bargain though.Even if u get something for a good price shipping is always so much,its shocking.

Well that's just the nature of an auction, whether it's online or IRL. Someone wins the item and others do not. Think of the people who are upset to lose the items that you have won. It's the same situation... just someone is upset with you instead of you being upset with them.

Well that's just the nature of an auction, whether it's online or IRL. Someone wins the item and others do not. Think of the people who are upset to lose the items that you have won. It's the same situation... just someone is upset with you instead of you being upset with them.
I totally agree.
The snipers are experienced eBayers that too have lost auctions to other people that did that as well.
It's just fair during the whole auction period everyone puts up their bid and try to get to item.
I, too, lost an auction by mere seconds for an original black denaro to a 'sniper' before and it literally drove me :wtf::cursing: til I can't work!
So if you really want it, don't play the bidding war game during the last minutes.
Wait til there's one minute left and put your max bid (which should at least be a few notches up the bid increment) and pray!
Trust me, when you win the stuff you want by 'sniping' the joy is just undescribable! :nuts::yahoo:

justsnipe.com is free for 5 snipes a week. over 5 a week and you have to pay. I forget how much.

I totally agree w/envii - you just have to be willing to put in your absolute max near the end of the auction. no matter what, the highest max bid will always win, so just put in what you want as your max - it might not be the highest but then at least you know that you didn't spend more than you intended. for me, I know, there have been a few times when I went over my max in a bidding war, and regretted it (luckily most of the time I lost anyway!) but if you use the snipe service, I feel like I can decide earlier in a more clear-headed state of mind what my max is, and then let the dice roll as they wish.

the hard part is deciding what your max should be!!! :yes:

i figured that too. soo not fair, since it was still a pretty low price when i was looking at it.

& somehow the ciao ciao that i was looking at jumped $10 in a few minutes.. but the bid history was odd...

I was looking at the same auction too. I think someone offered to buy it off eBay.

Yeah, sometimes eBay can be a PITA. Someone bumped in at the last 5 sec of my auction today too. Out of nowhere! LOL! Needless to say, the bag went to this person. :cursing: