I hate ebay but I have a Bag to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWD

May 12, 2014
Okay, I hate ebay. The fees are ridiculous, and the idea of selling something to someone you never met without real protections to the bag is scary. (I also think it's scary to send my bag to some of those consignment stores to get an evaluation, what if they switch it?!)… have you done this? thoughts?

So here we are. With a bag, I've barely worn for the past 15 years, that now is sought after by many and so I would like to take advantage of the "trend".

Can I really get good money for this bag? Is it worth more since it's the plated gold instead of the gold metal that Chanel now uses?
Where do I sell it? (only recommend what you've used and worked for you please) What do I sell it for (what's the range for this, I haven't really seen any being sold that are this old but in this great of condition on ebay and to be honest ebay scares me with fakes etc?)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I hate ebay. The fees are ridiculous, and the idea of selling something to someone you never met without real protections to the bag is scary. (I also think it's scary to send my bag to some of those consignment stores to get an evaluation, what if they switch it?!)… have you done this? thoughts?

X…

So here we are. With a bag, I've barely worn for the past 15 years, that now is sought after by many and so I would like to take advantage of the "trend".

Can I really get good money for this bag? Is it worth more since it's the plated gold instead of the gold metal that Chanel now uses?
Where do I sell it? (only recommend what you've used and worked for you please) What do I sell it for (what's the range for this, I haven't really seen any being sold that are this old but in this great of condition on ebay and to be honest ebay scares me with fakes etc?)

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Personally I would never use ebay to sell a bag like this. Highly recommend a reputable consighment shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try yoogi's closet. You can send them pictures and they will tell you how much they will buy it for. No sending it anywhere and if you don't like their offer you decline, nothing lost.

If you don't want to sell through ebay or a consignment shop you can try selling it yourself. It might take a long time but I see that you are in NY so it might be quick. Just be careful when doing the transaction. I had a Chanel flap a while ago but I wasn't using it as much as I thought so I listed it locally. It took about 6-7 months to sell but I was fine with it as I wasn't in a hurry. I got cash for it and we met in a public place for the transaction. Everyone was happy the buyer wasn't comfortable buying online without inspecting the bag, and I was glad that I didn't lose any money on the fees.

As for price, I searched ebay for similar bags that were sold and priced mine accordingly. There's a thread on how to sell things locally. Some people don't like doing this as you can get a lot of strange requests or offers but I just ignore them. I'm sure the sellers on ebay get just as many strange requests.

Last edited:
There's already many threads in tPF about where to sell designer goods :yes:
Please always search :tender:

Since we don't allow selling there's no need to describe in detail when we want to sell ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.