I hate Bluefly.com right now...

Mar 28, 2010
...Okay so Bluefly have this gorgeous Pucci scarf that i wanted to order for my mum for Christmas, i understood it that they ship internationally so i saved it to my favourites section on my computer until i wanted to place the order...

Well last night i added the item to my cart and went to check out only to find that it seems that they ship to every other country in the world...except the UK!!!

So as per their details online:
If your country is not listed and you wish to place an order, you can set up an account with a freight forwarding company and then place an order on our site. For freight forwarding options to most international addresses, we recommend MyUS or Bongo.
i signed up to my MyUS in order to gain a US address and therefore check out.
So after paying the $7 just to sign up with MyUS i was all set to go. Checked out with the Florida address that MyUS provided me with, entered my card details and paid. (I even paid $24.99 for express shipping) and i recieved the confirmation e-mail straight away. Great (or so i thought)

My husband went to the bank today and confirmed that they had taken the money out. Good. I was sitting here all morning awaiting the shipping confirmation. Nothing.

This afternoon i recieved the dreaded e-mail: Your order has been cancelled. "What?!" i thought. "Why?!"
Turns out that the card billing address does not match the home address that i entered for a shipping address (well DUH?!)
But now i am thinking- WHY do they recommend that we pay at LEAST $7 (this is the very basic contract, prices go up into the hundreds) for a US shipping address but then will not follow through with the order when the billing address and the shipping address don't match up? Makes no sense to me.

Sorry for the long rant but i am VERY disappointed in them and even more so that i paid $7 to a company for NOTHING.

I would contact Bluefly via their website and let them know how well that MyUS thing is working out for you.
Sorry. This kind of stuff just frustrates me to bits.

How very disappointing for you! Did you contact them to discuss any recourse? I would think you'd get your $7 back given the circumstances. Sorry it didn't work out.

Thanks ladies for the support, it has been very frustrating and the annoying thing is that the scarf appears to be sold out everywhere else.
I have not e-mailed them yet, i have been too angry to compose a decent message to them, i feel like telling them what i REALLY think of them about now. Grrr.

Oh Platinum I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Is there a toll free number you can call and try to straighten this out? It sounds like you fell through a glitch, and hopefully they can remedy the situation.

Sorry to hear about your troubles....unfortunately Bluefly is horrible imo for non-US buyers :sad: I officially boycotted their site awhile ago when thier shipping quote to Canada for a $200 item was over $500???? Seems they are losing out on alot of potential business!

Okay so i took a deep breath this morning and sent them TWO e-mails of my complaint (one as a reply to the cancellation message that they sent me to my e-mail inbox and one directly through the contact form on the website)
So i guess we shall see how good their customer service is when dealing with this type of fault with their system...

no words of wisdom of what to do just going to wish you luck, it's hard when you have hunted down the item you want and things like this happen

Thanks katlun yes it is for sure a pain in the rear, even more so when it is a gift for my mother, whom i adore. She has had a rough year and i think this would of really cheered her up :sad:

I wouldn't panic yet. In Bluefly's checkout process, first you fill in your shipping address. There's a "Same as billing address?" clickbox at the bottom of that screen that's already checked "yes." So if your billing address is different, you have to un-check that box and then fill in your billing address. Did you do this?

- If no, resolving the problem should be as simple as re-ordering the scarf and making sure you add your billing address.

- If yes, you were probably the victim of a frustrating glitch in the system, but a glitch none-the-less. By which I mean, the fact that Bluefly has a clickbox means that clearly they are set up to ship to addresses other than a customer's billing address. For some reason, it didn't work in your case, but resolving the issue should require nothing more than a quick phone call or email.

Well yes (and no)

I primarily used the same shipping address as billing address. Once they cancelled my order then i tried to re-place the order but with my billing address that matches my payment card but as with the shipping address- my country (UK) is not an option.

So the fact remains that they encourage customers to sign up for a service that ultimately will not allow the order regardless...So yeah, a system glitch...

I primarily used the same shipping address as billing address. Once they cancelled my order then i tried to re-place the order but with my billing address that matches my payment card but as with the shipping address- my country (UK) is not an option.

Oh boy. So just to make sure I understand, the second time you placed the order, you entered your MyUS shipping address, then un-checked the clickbox and entered your actual billing address, and your order was rejected because the billing address is in the UK?

If that's the case, that really is a pretty bad glitch in their system! Especially considering they're recommending MyUS, I really hope that they can either override the glitch manually, or at a bare minimum, refund the $7 you paid to sign up for MyUS. I see why you're so frustrated now!

No, the first time i signed up to MyUS as advised by their site. I used the USA address given by MyUS as the shipping AND the billing address (as i thought they had to match) but they cancelled the order as my billing address did not match up when they tried to authorize my card (obviously as my card is registered with my ACTUAL address)
So the second time i tried to rectify it by changing the billing address to my ACTUAL address so that it matched up with my card but in the drop down menu that you have to use to select your country then the UK isn't listed, so i couldn't of used anything other than the US address given to me by MyUS, make sense?
So to sum up- you CAN'T use a UK address as it isn't an option in the system. They advise that for the countries not listed that buyers should use one of the freight forwarding companies recommended by them in order to get a US address. But then as the buyers card will be registered to an address other than that given US address then they will cancel the order.
AWFUL glitch!

Oh geez. That's close to what I was thinking in my second post, but even actually a little more ridiculous! I'm still hopeful that they will be able to override the glitch manually (assuming you even still want the scarf!) or, at a minimum, refund your $7. How completely annoying!

Yes totally annoying, i actually think you were there on the other post but i am starting to confuse myself now :lol:
I haven't yet had a response, but will give them until tuesday to see what they have to say.
I mean it isn't so much the $ as the principle of the thing. I wonder how many others have signed up and lost their money to the freight forwarding companies because they went by Bluefly's ridic website advice? :-s
Plus the fact that i REALLY wanted to get my mum that scarf. Now i am back to square one with trying to get her a really nice Christmas present, BOO Bluefly! :cry: