I had to say goodbye to my Jesse today

Cindi

My baby, Bellis
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
My 10 year old Greyhound Jesse has been limping for a while. The limp wasn't bad and the x-rays were clean so the vet thought it was arthritis and gave him pain meds. They worked great for a few months. A few days ago he stopped using the leg at all. Today the x-rays show bone cancer in his femur which is cracked. It is too far up on his leg for amputation and he was in too much pain for me to make him suffer. I said goodbye to him today and I miss him so much. He just turned 10 in June. Goodbye Jesse. I miss you and I love you.

Attachments

• 060439.JPG
    060439.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 060440.JPG
    060440.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 96
Im so sorry for your loss, pets are the greatest friends we can have and the pain is unbearable when we loose them. I'm really really sorry, it just reminded me of my doggie that died almost two years ago and i still think of her and cry for her all the time...

Aw, Cindi... I am so sorry. This is always such an awful thing to have to do, and yet we know with everyone of our pets, we shall eventually.
But. you did the right thing, hon! Our pets give us so much love and peace... and we must give that back in return. :hugs:Peace be with you now, Jesse.:heart:

Oh, I am so, so, SO sorry. How sudden and traumatic this must have been for you. I can't even imagine. I am so sorry for your loss. You gave him 10 happy, wonderful, love-filled years and he left this earth knowing that. Big, huge hugs to you!!!

Cindy, I am so sorry for your loss! It is the dreaded osteosarcoma that the GH's seem to get more often than some other breeds (I have been in GH rescue for almost 20 years). Hugs to you and Angel Jesse.

Thanks for all your replies. This is the one thing I have feared for Jesse since I found out a litter mate of his died at 3 from Osteo. Every time Jesse would limp it would be off to the vet. I just somehow knew I would face this with him one day. I can't say I was even that surprised. Shocked that I had to let him go so quickly but not really surprised. At least he is not in pain any longer. That is what's important.

:cry: Oh I am so sorry!!!!!!! Two weeks ago today I lost my baby,too!!! Maybe they are playing, Raleigh loved other dogs. Bless you and Jesse!!!! You did the right thing for him. My heart goes out to you.

I'm so sorry about Jesse. We have to make the tough decisions for the pets we love so much, but it hurts. You did the right thing, but I know this is so hard.

He looks like a wonderful, handsome boy. RIP Jesse.:heart: