I had to buy jewelry to apologise!

Ratnapur

Gem rescuer!
Jan 9, 2011
Yep, any excuse to hang out at the jewelry counter...

Seriously, I did something stupid to someone Friday. I had arranged for a veteran's organization to pick up some stuff I wanted to donate. They sent an email confirmation. They never showed up. Boy, was I MAD! I fired off a terse email to them; not really rude, and no profanity, but it was terse. Fast forward to today, at work:

I had given them my work #, as I'm still waiting for Verizon to come out to dig phone lines, so I've had no land line for over a month. Yesterday, a co-worker said she had gotten a garbled message for me from the veteran's place, but she couldn't retrieve it again. Today, a very charming lady called me to say they had gotten my email, and wanted to explain. The truck had broken down Friday; they had left a message...it must've been after hours...I felt like a horse's behind, I can tell you! She was so gracious. We set up another pick up for this Friday (after profuse apologies on my end).

As a "punishment" to myself, I got my horse's behind to TJ Maxx, and bought a pretty sterling and CZ necklace. Not for me, though. It's going into one of the boxes I'm donating. They re-sell the donations to thrift stores, etc., and make some money to help the veterans. I know a thrift store would really like this necklace, so the vet's org. will get a decent amount of money, I hope!

This should teach me a lesson about losing my temper!

Have you ever bought jewelry to say, "I'm sorry"?

What a lovely gesture and a good cause!!!
My dear GF/Attorney always did work for me and NEVER charged me. Some of the work was guite involved.
I always bought her a nice piece of jewelry as a thank you.
Not the same situation but it made me feel better...........................

What a lovely gesture and a good cause!!!
My dear GF/Attorney always did work for me and NEVER charged me. Some of the work was guite involved.
I always bought her a nice piece of jewelry as a thank you.
Not the same situation but it made me feel better...........................

Heck, I'd work for jewelry! :roflmfao: (I can just see me on the side of the road, holding a sign, "Will work for fine jewelry"!)