I had a strange experience tonight with my purse...

MrsDoki

Aug 2, 2009
I had a really strange experience tonight with my bag.

I was going down an esculator and two women started talking about my bag. One said "I think it's real, look at the buttons" and then she goes and I quote "It's really degrading for Chinese women to be on a hangbag".... :sad:
I have the Amica Leo.

I didn't even know what to say. My husband heard the two women as well and he said they were asian and maybe that's why. I honestly never had anything that weird happen to me with my tokis. I get stares like someone is trying to look at the print but not odd comments.

For a second it made me question whether I was offending people with my purse. I consider them fun and so cute- it was really weird and upsetting.
I never thought twice about the print, only that I loved it.

Probably even more upsetting was the SA at the counter who kept saying how overpriced they were and how they do not sell. Granted, this woman was 900+ years old, lol. The store had very few so I didn't totally believe her. I picked up some good deals though- despite my weird adventure. My daughter, who is 7, snagged one today too. She picked it up and said "Look we are married!" which cracked me up. :?)

Next time this happens, defend your bag. Say they're Japanese not Chinese women. Say Prada is way overpriced for a nylon bag. Tell Nordstrom it's their bad luck for not selling well because they stinged on advertising. Ok maybe I'm a bit rude, but you know the feeling of needing to vent is even worse.

Macys is where I bought the bag- Nordstrom Rack was across the street and had quite a few at good prices. All the styles were just different.

The lady at Macys was 900 years old and had false teeth. You could say any bag is overpriced besides clearance in Target, lol.

And as for the women- it was one of those speechless moments I guess.