I Guess I'm Just Not A "Red" Kinda Girl...

Thank you knasarae for posting this thread. You have explained why I haven't used a new bag I really love.

"I just feel like it's so "LOOK AT ME!!!!"

Yup, that it! Although this is about red bags, mine is a large purple Tod's bag. Picture below. I look at it, and love it, but can't bring myself to go out with it. Maybe someday? Now if I had gotten this color in a clutch size, I would be ok. So, from now on, when I do brighter colors, it's going to be a clutch.

Attachments

• tods_periwinkle.jpg
    tods_periwinkle.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 36
Well, I think I might be eating my words though I'm not sure yet. Last night BF asked me to show him the bag. As soon as I pulled it out of the box he said "That color is alright!" (that means great in his language). He's only said this about two other bags in my whole collection.....EVER. So I told him I just felt like it was so big and blatant and he said don't you have another bag the same size? So I pulled out my Jade Nikki and he asked me if the Wine would end up like that after being used. So then I took all the stuffing out and put some real items in the Wine and make her slouch as best as I could. I actually thought it looked really cute on me. Then I imagined two months from now mine all broken in like karenab's and I got kind of excited! :shame:

So I don't know. Gonna go through the weekend and see how I feel about it. But she is definitely growing on me. I almost wish I could have someone carry her for a couple of weeks and get her all broken in then give her back and let me decide, lol. Oh well...

I know just what you mean^^:yes:. I prefer my bags more broken in also and it seems until they get that way I just don't love them as much. I have no idea why:shrugs:, I guess I need some time for them to grow on me.

Ok guys....I have decided to KEEP her!!! :yahoo: I think I had two issues. The initial shock of such a bold color and she looks so much bigger than my other Nikki because she is much more "stiff". I carried her around a bit today and found several outfits that I thought would be just stunning. And after seeing Karenab's Nikki all broken in, it definitely got me encouraged.

SO. Now the hard part. I realize that I'll have to carry her for a few weeks to break her in and get her to obey. This will be quite a challenge because I'm used to switching bags every other day or so depending on what I am wearing and I hate going more than a few days without carrying my Jade Nikki :shame: So I think I will start carrying the Wine and reserve one day a week for another bag (they are gonna be so pissed at me, lol). What do you guys think? Does that sound like a good plan? Any suggestions on breaking her in faster?

And thanks to those who told me to think on her...I'm glad I waited! :flowers:

knasarae,,,I think that's a good idea, I'm in the same boat, I can't go a full week carrying the same bag. So I definitely think, that breakin the girl in will do her some good, and I'm sure you'll love it. Me jealous btw, I tired for the past month to get a wine nikki, but I end up getting distracted by something else :P

Ok guys....I have decided to KEEP her!!! :yahoo: I think I had two issues. The initial shock of such a bold color and she looks so much bigger than my other Nikki because she is much more "stiff". I carried her around a bit today and found several outfits that I thought would be just stunning. And after seeing Karenab's Nikki all broken in, it definitely got me encouraged.

SO. Now the hard part. I realize that I'll have to carry her for a few weeks to break her in and get her to obey. This will be quite a challenge because I'm used to switching bags every other day or so depending on what I am wearing and I hate going more than a few days without carrying my Jade Nikki :shame: So I think I will start carrying the Wine and reserve one day a week for another bag (they are gonna be so pissed at me, lol). What do you guys think? Does that sound like a good plan? Any suggestions on breaking her in faster?

And thanks to those who told me to think on her...I'm glad I waited! :flowers:

I'm glad you are giving it a chance. I HATE the stuffing in any bags and ALWAYS remove them immediately. I do this at dept stores too. I apologize to the sa's who stand watching me remove stuffing and make a mess but what the heck. I want to see the bag how it REALLY will look. Then I check it out in the mirror. I was wondering if you had done that with yours since from the pics it looked so fat and structured which is not how it normally looks. I was wondering if you had unstuffed it completely and looked at it that way (or with your daily things transferred into it?).

To break in leather bags (Balenciagas), I have hung them and stuffed them with things to help the leather stretch over night. I've done that for a few nights in a row. Leather is skin so after its stretched out, it won't retract. It stays stretched and relaxed, hence the slouch you get after lots of use.

Def give it a try first;) LOVE your bf's line 'its alright':P

Thanks! No, at first I didn't take the stuffing out. But once I put some random stuff inside and forced it to slouch that's when I started to come around. I will take your suggestion and hang the bag at night instead of letting it sit. I never thought about it that way, that's a great idea!

^^ No problem. Some don't agree with the hanging idea but its one way to expedite the break in. I've put dumbells in mine too. Its worked and obviously you decide how much and how long you want to do it for: 2 nights or 12. KWIM?

LMK how it goes. Since you have the Jade, I'm suprised you hadn't unstuffed it in the beginning to try and 'make it' like the Jade in terms of the shape.

If after your breaking in and wearing it you still don't like it, then you'll know you at least gave it a fair shot.

Ha ha, I have brain farts sometimes. BF says all the time that I have all book sense and no common sense. :P I have it handing from my ironing board with a small dumbbell. I think I'll take pics every couple of days so I can better tell how she's breaking in.

aww yayyyy for keeping her!!! Yes, let us know how you break her in because i'm waiting on my wine nikki also and am kind of worried it will be too stiff or i will be too small for her (i'm only 5'0") so we shall see! Keep us posted!!

So after all of my "dilema" talk... I took one look at the color and was sold. Mine came in the mail on Friday, I drove home to see it on Saturday... and was in love. knasarae, let me know how it breaks in! we are bag twins!