I Guess I'm Just Not A "Red" Kinda Girl...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was super excited to get home and find my WIne Nikki sitting on my porch!!!! But sadly I don't think I am keeping her. I don't know what it is but I have never been able to carry a red bag. I have ordered and returned so many....but all the pics I see of Wine are so stunning I had to take a chance.

First of all she is perfect. All panels are smooth and match perfectly....no scratches or anything. I was a bit surprised at how structured she is in comparison to my Jade Nikki but I just reminded myself she needs to break in.

I don't know....I look in the mirror and it just seems so 'in your face'. I mean the color isn't bright at all. It's a beautiful deep dark red. One of the most beautiful red bags I've ever seen. I just feel like it's so "LOOK AT ME!!!!" Does that make sense? I'm not trying to insult any Wine bag lovers because I have been drooling over all of ya'lls pics for months and months...I just don't think I can pull it off. The truth is I think I'd rather have a Hazelnut MAM (which I can't find ANYWHERE!).

I'll post pics a little later once I am settled in. What do you guys think? I'm gonna keep her for a few days and see how I feel. I just don't want the only reason I'm keeping her to be because I got caught up in all the hype ya know? I dunno...pics coming in a little while.

But for those of you scheduled for 7/30...I wouldn't worry about the quality. My bag is perfect! :tup:

2. Aww :hugs: Knaz! I know you've been trying forever for a red bag!! Give it a few days and see if it grows on you! If not then ebay it! Glad your bag is PERFECT!

3. I feel the the exact same way about the wine nikki I am kicking myself for selling my grenat balenciaga twiggy!!that one was the most wearable red!!

4. I hear you. I'm not a red person myself. I do other colors, but red just isn't me.

5. Lol - this is off topic, but when I first read the title of your thread I thought it said "I'm not a "real" kinda girl"... like you were pinocchio or something! :roflmfao:

On topic - I love red - but it does take a certain shade for it to work, IMO. and perhaps the nikki is too big for it to be less dramatic. but! I think you should give it a whirl, try her on with different outfits and see how she works. I love love love how a red purse looks with jeans and a nice black top - it's the perfect pop! in my opinion. :biggrin:

6. I hear you, I'm not a red kind of person either. Never have been. It doesn't look bad on me, but I don't really prefer it at all. There's a lot of colors I will do, but for bags red and brown are out.

7. lol, jsenning...no I am a real girl. lol

Thanks everyone, it's nice to know I'm not a weirdo for not being into red bags. I'll let her sit for a few days and see if I feel any different. I doubt it though. I agree that maybe it's the size as well. It's such a big bag....a big red bag, lol. Here are the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this is pretty ttl...a little darker in real life though...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Sorry to hear that. I have the Wine MAM and I love the color of it. But everyone has different tastes. :P

9. Where are you from? I'm waiting on my nikki too way over on the west coast! Thanks

10. A couple more....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this one is closest to the real color.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. rnp1987, I am in Ohio.

12. It is a beautiful bag, but I agree . . . I can't carry red either . . . it isn't me!

13. Knas - what kind of hardware does your Nikki have? I'm one of the oddballs that prefers the new.

14. It's really pretty but you have to be comfortable carrying it or it will be a waste. For whatever it's worth though, I was taking my sons to the movies today and this lady had a big red bag, not red like the wine--lipstick RED, and I thought it looked stunning. She had a neutral coloured outfit and the bag gave some pretty colour. I had thought the nikki would be a big red bag too...then, even though I already have a wine mam, I started thinking "You know...I might NEED a big red bag" :rolleyes:.

15. How does the Grenat compare w/ the wine?

I have a Grenat & Black Cherry .. and I'm expecting a wine Matinee as well.. . I'm wondering where Wine stands in between these colors. tiA~! :girlsigh:

Knasarae: I think your wine Nikki is gorgeous~!! But.. if you're not feeling the love at first.. I think sitting on it for a few days .. is a great idea. Let us know how it goes... gL~!