I guess I have been out of the loop too long

NanamiRyu

Justine
O.G.
Dec 3, 2007
Bonjour, mes amis! It's been a very long time since I've been hanging out in this forum, huh? I hope all my Chanel buddies here have been well.

I had a lot of things going on, which left me not much time for shopping as before. And as many of the "oldies" in this forum, my bank account could not take any more price increases. Oh, and I've also been traveling a lot which meant even less $$$ left to snap up pretty flaps every season as I did in the past years.

I think for about a year or so, I haven't been to my local boutiques nor Bergdorf, my fave department store in the whole world. The only times I visited Chanel boutiques for the past year were quick retail therapy moments to not go insane while on the roads. So yes, I still have been buying things here and there... (You really didn't think I would go cold turkey, did you?) And hopefully, I shall gather all those little goodies and do a reveal soon. As those who know me here can predict, they are mostly eh... unconventional/quirky/not sensible purchases. :P

Anyhoo, I just wanted to get a shout out to all my ladies and gents in this wonderful forum now I'm back. I'll need lots of help as well, as I am really out of the loop. For an example, I was SHOCKED when I saw they re-released my ultimate HG, Lucky Charms 2.55! And of course, I got even more shocked when I found the new price for it. And this is prefall news, which is already past and done!

I also need SA recommendations from those who shop at NYC flagship. I just found out my SA is no longer with the company.:faint: I never bought anything from anyone else there! I am so crushed my SA is gone and have no idea who to go to from now on.:crybaby:

Welcome back Justine. Good to see you again.
Yes the price increase is very scary now. I've definitely slow down to absolutely minimum on Chanel now. Branching out into other brands.
Yes, the charm flap is gorgeous!!! Even better you got your first time around instead of the shocking price now.

nanamiryu said:
bonjour, mes amis! It's been a very long time since i've been hanging out in this forum, huh? I hope all my chanel buddies here have been well.

I had a lot of things going on, which left me not much time for shopping as before. And as many of the "oldies" in this forum, my bank account could not take any more price increases. Oh, and i've also been traveling a lot which meant even less $$$ left to snap up pretty flaps every season as i did in the past years.

I think for about a year or so, i haven't been to my local boutiques nor bergdorf, my fave department store in the whole world. The only times i visited chanel boutiques for the past year were quick retail therapy moments to not go insane while on the roads. So yes, i still have been buying things here and there... (you really didn't think i would go cold turkey, did you?) and hopefully, i shall gather all those little goodies and do a reveal soon. As those who know me here can predict, they are mostly eh... Unconventional/quirky/not sensible purchases. :P

anyhoo, i just wanted to get a shout out to all my ladies and gents in this wonderful forum now i'm back. I'll need lots of help as well, as i am really out of the loop. For an example, i was shocked when i saw they re-released my ultimate hg, lucky charms 2.55! And of course, i got even more shocked when i found the new price for it. And this is prefall news, which is already past and done!

I also need sa recommendations from those who shop at nyc flagship. I just found out my sa is no longer with the company.:faint: I never bought anything from anyone else there! I am so crushed my sa is gone and have no idea who to go to from now on.:crybaby:

welcome back we misses you love to see all your chanel

Hey you, "oldies"! I feel so funny saying that because you guys are probably younger than moi, lol. But you know what I mean. So nice to see the members I recognize and thanks for welcoming me back. =)

Welcome back Justine. Good to see you again.
Yes the price increase is very scary now. I've definitely slow down to absolutely minimum on Chanel now. Branching out into other brands.
Yes, the charm flap is gorgeous!!! Even better you got your first time around instead of the shocking price now.

I wish I bought the Lucky Charm when it was first released. BUT I DIDN'T! (And I had few chances too!!) And after I missed the boat on that one, I swear, I have been crying my hearts out to Miffy about how dumb I was not to get it for years.

So, ladies... A quick poll from those who know me. Should I get it now even with huge price increase? Extra $3000 is such a shocker but I as I said before, I have been praying they re do it one more time. Folks at Chanel apparently heard my prayers but of course they want more money for it now as all things these days. Should I just suck it up and accept it as my prayers have been answered?

Welcome back!! Great to hear from you again!! Like yourself, I haven't been around too much, but still lurk once and a while. The prices are insane now, arent they?....especially knowing what we paid just a couple of years ago!

Gosh, I guess if the lucky charm is your hg and you can afford it, then I'd get it now. It may never be released again and now is your chance. The price is definitely a hard one to swallow, but it is a one of a kind bag, so exquisite! Good luck with your decision and if you do get it, please do a reveal :smile:)

Hey you, "oldies"! I feel so funny saying that because you guys are probably younger than moi, lol. But you know what I mean. So nice to see the members I recognize and thanks for welcoming me back. =)

I wish I bought the Lucky Charm when it was first released. BUT I DIDN'T! (And I had few chances too!!) And after I missed the boat on that one, I swear, I have been crying my hearts out to Miffy about how dumb I was not to get it for years.

So, ladies... A quick poll from those who know me. Should I get it now even with huge price increase? Extra $3000 is such a shocker but I as I said before, I have been praying they re do it one more time. Folks at Chanel apparently heard my prayers but of course they want more money for it now as all things these days. Should I just suck it up and accept it as my prayers have been answered?
If you love it hun, just bite the bullet. I went through 5 red flaps until i got the right shade of red the sixth time around.;) good luck with decision. Otherwise you'll regret you didnt buy it again like the first time around. Oppss i must have got you mixed up with Miffy.

Welcome back!! I've always loved your reveals Justine. :love: Can't wait to see what you've bought! As for the lucky charms, I'd say go for it since you've been wanting it for so long. Chanel will not get any cheaper! :sad:

I am absolutely thrilled to see your return, J. Keep wondering where you've been!

Lucky charm 2.55 - go for it girl. I've bought mine already. No more regret!

Welcome back!! Great to hear from you again!! Like yourself, I haven't been around too much, but still lurk once and a while. The prices are insane now, arent they?....especially knowing what we paid just a couple of years ago!

Gosh, I guess if the lucky charm is your hg and you can afford it, then I'd get it now. It may never be released again and now is your chance. The price is definitely a hard one to swallow, but it is a one of a kind bag, so exquisite! Good luck with your decision and if you do get it, please do a reveal :smile:)

Nice to see you, Molly! Oh yeah... Remember how everyone was upset Chanel raised the price of the flaps above $3000? LOL. What seemed like such shocking news back then sounds so cheap these days.

I still need at least couple more days to think about Lucky Charms. But as excited I was when I realized they did LC again, I'll probably get it in the end. My self justification would probably go something like, "hey, better than paying $12000 when they have it out 3-4 years later.":graucho:

If you love it hun, just bite the bullet. I went through 5 red flaps until i got the right shade of red the sixth time around. good luck with decision. Otherwise you'll regret you didnt buy it again like the first time around. Oppss i must have got you mixed up with Miffy.

Oooh, I really am out of the loop! Which color was the final lucky number 6 Miss Red for you? It's always interesting to hear everyone's fave red in Chanel forum because they are different, lol.

Welcome back!! I've always loved your reveals Justine. :love: Can't wait to see what you've bought! As for the lucky charms, I'd say go for it since you've been wanting it for so long. Chanel will not get any cheaper! :sad:

:wave: Welcome back! You have been missed here!!! I look forward to "see" what you have been up to!!

I got no work today so I'll start taking some pics. I'm charging the battery for the camera at the moment.:P None of them are BIG stuffs though. They are little things I picked up here and there while away from home. One of the items, I am betting no one in this forum revealed before, lol. It's something that was shortly discussed about a year ago but everyone thought too pricey for what it really is, mouhahahahah~

Hopefully, I'll get at least few pics going this evening before I head out to dinner date.;)

Welcome back, Justine! You have been missed! :hugs: Can't wait to see your reveals again! :woohoo:

Nathalie! :heart: How have you been? I must say the smiley under your name fits you perfectly!:winkiss:

I am absolutely thrilled to see your return, J. Keep wondering where you've been!

Lucky charm 2.55 - go for it girl. I've bought mine already. No more regret!

M! :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: It's been too long since we last chatted. I hope all's well?

Oh, M... You know how I lusted after Lucky Charms. I'm so jealous you got it. Don't tell me the other M got it too? I'm guessing no, due to her crossing over to the orange side. I've been dipping into H stuffs too but you know me. They aren't as fun/interesting as Chanel. Even if they price LC flap higher than a Birkin, I'd want LC!

Have you used yours yet? I bet it looks so cute on you!! I kinda look funny with it because it's so small and I'm so big but er... I still want it!!