I got the Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Groovee...

diana37

Jun 24, 2007
But I'm not in love.:s
2421179527_3fcfab0616.jpg

2421994468_b897d5cbec.jpg

2421994544_2dbcdfffab.jpg

It's too heavy to be held in the crook of my arm. It sags weirdly when I wear the shoulder strap. The smaller straps are too short to put on my shoulder comfortably. And I'm not a huge fan of strictly handheld bags.

The leather is GORGEOUS. Soft, supple, thick. The gold hardware is beautiful too! But I think it's going back.

What do you think?

^ i'm with you. i love how the groovee looks. i think it's mbmj's prettiest bag, but i just didn't end up using it that much. i could handle carrying by hand or on my forearm and i didn't even mind that it lost its shape when using the shoulder strap. i dunno. i guess, for me, it's one of those bags that you admire from afar. if you're not thrilled, take it back. there will always be something out there for you that will work better for you.

i just bought one! i just love the gold hardware ... and i got it for $420 including postage so i reckon thats a good deal. Thats exactly how my Balenciaga twiggy wears with the long strap.

Yea, I got it for $400 at Shopbop, but I dunno. Maybe I should try it on filled?

OH! Its not filled, thats why its hanging like that! Yes, do it ;) and then post a piccy so we can see. How come its too heavy to wear in the crook of your arm? I tried it on and i didnt think it was at all heavy (well, not like my paddy or anything)

I think it looks really cute on you! But...I'm also a firm believer, in "if you don't love it, don't keep it". I've done that too many times and then ended up selling the bags for a loss a few months later. See what you think once you fill it up and then go with your gut instinct. :smile:

my friend bought this when it first came out. i was surprised at how heavy it was since normally mbmj bags are so light. but nonetheless it's a great bag and it's huge enough to fit everything in it. $400 is a great deal. i would keep it.

Even though it was a good deal, definitely return it if you don't LOVE it. Even though the pictures I totally agree that the bag looks beautiful just sitting there on the table, but slightly awkward on the shoulder with the long strap.

I agree that you need to fill it up & try it on your shoulder before you decide for certain -- I have this bag & have been using it regularly for a few weeks now, and I love how the bag carries -- I mainly carry it on my arm, but when I need both hands free it's nice to be able to toss it on my shoulder -- it does have to be zipped, however. If you leave it open, it won't hang nice and will flop open -- It's not your typical shoulder bag, but the shoulder strap works when you need both hands free and as long as you have things inside (and the zipper closed) it should hang much better than it looks in that pic.

p.s. I think the MbyMJ leather is a little thicker than calf leather which is why it weighs a little more

I actually have the older version of this bag with the silver hardware. I absolutely love this bag. It is a great everyday bag where you can load it up and keep going. It is heavy when held on the crook of your arm but you do get used to it after about a week of carrying it. The should strap is useless bc it is too short and makes the bag look weird when being used. The handles are long enough to hook it on your shoulder and this is what I usually do.
Overall its a good price for the bag and it ages nicely. Plus the gold hardware really makes the bag stand out.