I got the job!!!

1. A while back I decided that I did not want to practice law anymore. I have been working in Intellectual Property law since my second year of law school, and hating it the whole time. The only enjoyable job I had was as a clerk/intern for the Public Defender's Office. So I started teaching on the college/university level and working on my Master's degree (which I will finish in December). I left my firm in June of this year, and took the summer off...teaching only one class. Well, a couple of weeks ago a really great law job opened up, and I applied for it within minutes of seeing the posting...it is a "public interest" type job with a lot of "helping people" instead of a lot of "pay"...and I found out today that I got the job. Hubby and I had talked about it and I said I would not take another law job unless it was something worthwhile that I could love! I am so excited! Just thought I would share. And now I will have some disposable income again! :yahoo:

2. congrats on your new job, ET! i hope i'll get a job that i enjoy too!

3. Congratulations, Etenebris! Having a job you love will make getting ready for work so much easier :yes: ! Will you be buying a bag to celebrate?

4. Congrats!

5. Congratulations! That sounds like a very rewarding career! Great news.

6. congrats! now buy urself a bag as a congrats present lol thats what i do... and so does abaglover apparently hahaha i just read that.. damnit im not original now :'(

7. Congrats, what great news!! Not only for you, but for all the people you'll be helping at your new job!

8. Congratulations!!! :yahoo:

9. congrats! nothing, well almost nothing, beats having a job that you ENJOY and like...
    i can't imagine going to a job i dread everyday... and i am very thankful that my current job is really totally what i want to do... so i feel that i can relate to your excitment... :yes:

so what will you buy to celebrate your new job??? :graucho:
    i got a LV damier speedy 25 when i got my job! :yahoo:

10. Congrats...awesome that you followed your heart instead of a big paycheck :love:

11. Thanks everyone! Actually I got a new bag the day before I got the call to interview, took it with me to the interview, and it is now officially my lucky bag! So I am sticking with that one for a while. And perhaps I will start my official "Birkin fund!"

12. Excellent, ET! So nice to be able to invest time engaging in something truly worthwhile. Enjoy your new work (and subsequent disposable income :graucho:)!

13. How wonderful!!! Congrats!

14. Thats great... congrats.

15. From a fellow attorney--congrats! I know that we're in a field that seems to have high burn-out rates. I'm glad you found something that you'll truly enjoy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice