I got picture swapped -.- (fraud case)

Hotsauna

Jan 21, 2018
Hi guys. As some of you know I have been looking for a Louis Vuitton Montsouris MM. I just bought a LV montsouris MM from a seller on Designer-Vintage (EU consignment platform) and the bag looked really good ,light patina/medium patina with no wrinkles on the leather. Everything was dandy.

And then, when I payed with paypal and the transaction was complete the seller changed pictures for this listing and the pictures showed a dark patina Montsouris with wrinkles on the leather and looked worn. Needless to say, not worth price that was listed and wasn't as described.

Does anyone know if Designer-vintage stores pictures in their database in case I need it to show paypal? I have filed a dispute on paypal and told DV what happened. The seller was like "What do you mean?" when I asked why he/she asked changed the pictures... This would be my first experience with a fraud seller and I'm sick of these ¤#"%#% ppl. Please help guys.. I'm in a bit of a loss here...

Last edited:
Did you get a confirmation email? It may have the original picture on it (don’t click it because it might update to the current one). Can you cancel the order? Have you contacted DV and requested help?

I always screen shot anything I buy online. I know not helpful at this point for you but this might be important to anyone else who reads this.

No confirmation email. But I got the chat history between me and this "seller". I took only one picture with my mobile phone... I can't cancel and got the "what do you mean?" in my face....

I have contacted DV and paypal but no response from DV and paypal wants me to contact the "seller" first. I did but I don't think I will get any response...

Did you get a confirmation email? It may have the original picture on it (don’t click it because it might update to the current one). Can you cancel the order? Have you contacted DV and requested help?

I always screen shot anything I buy online. I know not helpful at this point for you but this might be important to anyone else who reads this.
Oh taking screen shots is a great idea! I have never done that before!

Reactions: Puglet Lover
Hi guys. As some of you know I have been looking for a Louis Vuitton Montsouris MM. I just bought a LV montsouris MM from a seller on Designer-Vintage (EU consignment platform) and the bag looked really good ,light patina/medium patina with no wrinkles on the leather. Everything was dandy.

And then, when I payed with paypal and the transaction was complete the seller changed pictures for this listing and the pictures showed a dark patina Montsouris with wrinkles on the leather and looked worn. Needless to say, not worth price that was listed and wasn't as described.

Does anyone know if Designer-vintage stores pictures in their database in case I need it to show paypal? I have filed a dispute on paypal and told DV what happened. The seller was like "What do you mean?" when I asked why he/she asked changed the pictures... This would be my first experience with a fraud seller and I'm sick of these ¤#"%#% ppl. Please help guys.. I'm in a bit of a loss here...
Always do a screen recording of any online transactions like this because bait and switch is a real thing and happens frequently.

Does the discussion have any images or descriptions?

It’s surprising they would allow changes to be made to the photos although a quick look at the website shows they aren’t really there to support their buyers. She advertising 100% authentic!! but then go into the fine print and it says she does her best to check the pictures but the transactions are between seller and buyer and it’s up to you to request pics.

It sounds like her webpage software should monitor members actions so she could confirm what happened. Hopefully she gets back to you.

Did they have multiple pictures? Could it have been a lighting issue? How good is the picture you have?

It’s surprising they would allow changes to be made to the photos although a quick look at the website shows they aren’t really there to support their buyers. She advertising 100% authentic!! but then go into the fine print and it says she does her best to check the pictures but the transactions are between seller and buyer and it’s up to you to request pics.

It sounds like her webpage software should monitor members actions so she could confirm what happened. Hopefully she gets back to you.

Did they have multiple pictures? Could it have been a lighting issue? How good is the picture you have?

Here is the "item" https://www.designer-vintage.com/product/louisvuitton-shoulderbags-bags-106737

My only picture that I got below. You can see the difference in patina and the wrinkles.

Attachments

• 20191014_100606.jpg
    20191014_100606.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 528

You know, when I checked the ToS on the website they had alot of rules of what you're not allowed to do and then say they are not responsible if the seller lists fraud items and they are checking every item that are allowed to list? You really need to read the ToS before saying that the site is reputable and good.

Reactions: A1aGypsy
So, luckily they used the same chair because it doesn’t say who the seller is in your picture.

And I would screen shot the current ad too because that bag is definitely not “mint”. The description doesn’t match the photos.

I think they might have used a filter.

I think you have enough to get PayPal to help you out. You may have to walk them through it. That photo you have completely washes out the two spots on the front of the bag.

Last edited:
So, luckily they used the same chair because it doesn’t say who the seller is in your picture.

And I would screen shot the current ad too because that bag is definitely not “mint”. The description doesn’t match the photos.

I think they might have used a filter.

Yeah, I know. It was really stupid of me to not take pictures. And yeah it's the same chair so I hope the chair can save me...

Same chair, same price, same bag. Did you see additional pictures as well or did she only have one posted?

Don’t beat yourself up. If it didn’t work on lots of people they wouldn’t do it.

Omg. This is horrible. I would send the snapshot of the original listing along with the revised photo to PayPal and let them know they changed the bag. (Although it’s the same chair; it’s a different background.)

Here it is side by side.
D524EAC3-F7C6-4596-84D6-C9BD7D27B50B.jpeg

Good luck.