I got my unicorn bag: Chanel Small Classic Flap at last!

I have been in search of this bag for a while, and when news spread (thank goodness for the Purse Forum) that Chanel was going to increase its prices on classic flaps just recently, I went into full panic mode! Searched everywhere to no avail. Was told by Chanel customer service this bag is not being sold anywhere in the U.S. But, through much relentless and painstaking effort, I received this beauty today! And best part: I got it at the pre-increase price! I have inspected her fully with baited breath, and am so thankful that she is absolutely flawless [emoji173] in craftsmanship. Also, lucky that she is made in France [emoji7].

*(For those of you with size Small CF: can you tell me if the interior back zip pocket is functional? Mine unzips, but there is only about a 1 inch space inside this "pocket" ABOVE the zipper, and the bottom part of the "pocket" below the zipper is sealed shut. I have watched many videos on the classic flaps, and the back zip pocket is always able to fit a thin envelope or so inside. Perhaps that applies to all sizes larger than a Small? Also, my WOC has a functioning interior zipped compartment, so I expected the same with this.)View attachment 4272536View attachment 4272538View attachment 4272539View attachment 4272540

Lovely congrats!

Reactions: BB8
I have been in search of this bag for a while, and when news spread (thank goodness for the Purse Forum) that Chanel was going to increase its prices on classic flaps just recently, I went into full panic mode! Searched everywhere to no avail. Was told by Chanel customer service this bag is not being sold anywhere in the U.S. But, through much relentless and painstaking effort, I received this beauty today! And best part: I got it at the pre-increase price! I have inspected her fully with baited breath, and am so thankful that she is absolutely flawless [emoji173] in craftsmanship. Also, lucky that she is made in France [emoji7].

*(For those of you with size Small CF: can you tell me if the interior back zip pocket is functional? Mine unzips, but there is only about a 1 inch space inside this "pocket" ABOVE the zipper, and the bottom part of the "pocket" below the zipper is sealed shut. I have watched many videos on the classic flaps, and the back zip pocket is always able to fit a thin envelope or so inside. Perhaps that applies to all sizes larger than a Small? Also, my WOC has a functioning interior zipped compartment, so I expected the same with this.)View attachment 4272536View attachment 4272538View attachment 4272539View attachment 4272540
Congratulation on scoring this beauty. And the pre-increase price is a big bonus!

I see the small in every store I visit. I’m in Europe btw. They are plenty. If your store doesn’t have it, maybe at least you can order?
Yes, that is what I heard (lucky you guys over there!). But I knew I wasn't going to be in Europe anytime soon, so I'm just glad I lucked-out. Although....I'm sure I would be EXTRA happy had I bought mine at the European price.

Reactions: Iana24
Yes, that is what I heard (lucky you guys over there!). But I knew I wasn't going to be in Europe anytime soon, so I'm just glad I lucked-out. Although....I'm sure I would be EXTRA happy had I bought mine at the European price.
For european luxury brands, yes we are lucky to be here. They are cheaper here and plenty of boutiques. The luckiest among us are non-EU residents live nearby like Scandinavian countries and Switzerland for example because we’re also entitled for VAT refund if we buy in EU countries. I live in Switzerland and Paris is only 3h away by train and I can get VAT refund from my shopping. But of course life is balance, everything else we have to buy and spend in Switzerland is outrageously expensive :biggrin:

For european luxury brands, yes we are lucky to be here. They are cheaper here and plenty of boutiques. The luckiest among us are non-EU residents live nearby like Scandinavian countries and Switzerland for example because we’re also entitled for VAT refund if we buy in EU countries. I live in Switzerland and Paris is only 3h away by train and I can get VAT refund from my shopping. But of course life is balance, everything else we have to buy and spend in Switzerland is outrageously expensive [emoji3]
That would be WAY too tempting for me, and for sure I would be in trouble with that kind of incentivized accessibility! Yes, you are absolutely correct: balance is key.

Reactions: Iana24
Congratulations, its beautiful. I’m comsidering the same bag. Would a compact wallet fit inside? Wondering if its too thick to do so. Thanks
Thank you! Yes, a compact wallet fits. Depending on how much you carry, though, you may have to size down to a cardholder.

Reactions: Nga99