I got my red Modern Chain Tote!!! *more photos added*

more pics, different amount of natural light and no stupid red shirt! LOL!

Attachments

• DSCF2445.jpg
    DSCF2445.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF2448.jpg
    DSCF2448.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCF2444.jpg
    DSCF2444.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 96
Swanky you must keep this. If I had an extra $2K lying around, or if my lottery ticket hits the jackpot tonight (not counting on it lol) I would buy it. It is a really great looking bag and color and I love it on you.

Hi Swanky,
I am a newbie and am so excited to have found this forum!! I love that you posted pics of your new MC Tote. I like it that you include so many views, even the tag w/ price. It is so difficult to find pics of the current Chanel items. My S/A @ BD NYC is holding me a MC Tote in black. I have not had her to ship it because I have not been able to see a pic of the Tote in black. I am wondering if the details, i.e. double C logo and the stitching will be noticeable. Have you seen the Tote in black. Is the brown Tote you were considering eye catching in detail? The S/A gave me a price of $2025.00, I noticed your pic showed $2225.00. Is the price difference because you choose the red? Any advice or input you could give me would be SOOO appreciated.
Penny

^^ hmmm, no, color has nothing to do w/ price. The retail on both sizes of the MC Tote should be $2225 everywhere. They were also $2225 at the Chanel in Beverly HIlls, Chanel Dallas and Neiman's Dallas.
Ver weird! Possibly a different bag? Maybe teh hobo?

Everything is very monochromatic so the logo isn't loud or anything, beautiful details but not over the top.
LOVED the brown but needed brown less than red and reed is more rare. Black was also gorgeous!

I am not sure why she quoted me that price. Maybe I misunderstood. We talked about a hobo as well, but I thought she said that one would be $1995.00. The style # she gave me for the MC Tote is A33378.
IYO would the black be a good choice? I already have a black Cambon tote with the white CC logo, a silver metallic bowling from the lux line and a denim tote with whimsical details on the front. So I guess I was trying to be practical w/ the black even though I really would like the brown. With the price of the bags I feel I have to be so sure and deliberate a long time before purchase( like all of 2 days-- LOL). I saw the white MC Tote in a mag and and fell in love w/ it, but being an " old fashioned southern girl" I just don't think I would like the white for fall/winter.

Made another call the the S/A I did misunderstand the price it is the $2225.00. The only other color she has is the gray. Not sure about that????? She is just getting these in for her waiting list. So I guess I made the decision for black and will have to stick w/ it. She has no white or red either. All bags have been promised to others on the list. So.... black it is.

I went to NM today, and they had smaller(than Swanky's) MC tote. Shape is similar to Swanky's, but handles are made of Chain only with shoulder part being leather(like Rock $ Chic bag).... I didn't try it on or ask it's price, but I was surprised MC came with more styles than I knew

MC did come in some other styles, but it seems the tote was the most popular. It's hard to believe the demand for these totes. I think the black is gorgeous and you can't go wrong with it.