I got my new Ergo Sig Large Hobo today & I <3 it but...

g*na

Mar 10, 2007
...it seems so stiff! I put my things in it & tried it on & wow-so stiff! :shrugs: Does anyone else have this bag? (dumb ? i know) How long does it take to break it in? I don't remember any of my other bags being like this. Please tell me it's going to be OK!

I have a medium Leather Ergo Tote and it hasn't slouched or lost it's structure at all since using it. I will be picking up the large Ergo Sig Tote in a couple days from Macy's -- when I tried it on I got the impression that it wouldn't be getting slouchy, either.

BTW, I hate to ask this because it proves to everyone how uncool and old I am, but what does :heart: mean? I have seen it other places, too, and I could never figure it out. :blush:

I'm so sad now! I'm not sure if I can deal with it being so stiff. I really love the way it looks...just not on! I guess it's a good thing I haven't popped the tags yet. I'm not sure if I want to keep it or not.:confused1:

I'm so sad now! I'm not sure if I can deal with it being so stiff. I really love the way it looks...just not on! I guess it's a good thing I haven't popped the tags yet. I'm not sure if I want to keep it or not.:confused1:

Gina I think that maybe over years it will soften up but not a lot, not like that amazing buttery Legacy leather. :shrugs: Maybe you should check out a Legacy leather bag! If you don't already have one.

I too have an Ergo hobo. It is the Large turquoise one
No. 10741. Unfortunately I have not used it as I am afraid it will not soften up like my other Ergos from five years ago - 9227 and 9228. The leather is definitely a baseball glove leather. My earlier ergos were soft and slouchy from the beginning. My Coach SA says that it will soften as I wear it, but I just don't know. I may exchange it for the Red Ergo Hobo when it comes out.
Good luck making your decision!

By the way, if you want a soft slouchy signature hobo you might want to consider the Soho Signature Hobo
No. 10601. kidlearner has it in blue and it is lovely.

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=9084&category_id=200

Gina I think that maybe over years it will soften up but not a lot, not like that amazing buttery Legacy leather. :shrugs: Maybe you should check out a Legacy leather bag! If you don't already have one.
WOW! :wtf: Years? I never keep a bag for that long! I get tired of them fast, sell & buy new ones! It's a vicious cycle. I guess i'll look at it for a few days & try to decide. Thanks for the advice!!

Hey G*Na Do you have a pic of your Ergo hobo? I thought about getting one and want to see how it looks on...

And i noticed you have a Carly too any pics of that? i don't know if you have already posted them somewhere... if you have could you direct me where? Thanks!