I got my brynne~!!!

lucegoose

Jun 6, 2009
I got my Brynne today from a seller who lives close by. I will have to post pictures soon! It is the "cognac" color, I think. I have been eyeing it for a while and saw one at a fancy consignment shop but missed out on it bc it was too expensive, even though it was "discounted." (It was the black color and I fell in love w/ it after I saw it up close so I went back several months later and of course, it was gone.) So I met this woman through Bonanza and originally I was going to get her Marc Jacobs but then she mentioned that she was contemplating selling her Kooba. I thought "Well sure I will see a picture but if it's the Brynne, which I doubt, then I am taking it. If not, then I am not interested." and LO AND BEHOLD, it was the Brynne she was selling!! So we did an exchange. My Longchamp tote for her Brynne, plus $30. What a coincidence and a sweet deal, considering as much as I loved my Longchamp, I barely used it. :yahoo:I am SUPER excited, though I won't be using it for a while only bc my MOM STOLE IT FROM ME lol!! Okay, now I am pretty sure my Kooba search is over... though I do like the older designs like Lucy, Marcelle, Jillian, etc., as long as I have my Paige and Brynne (and they won't be worn out/used for a longgg long time) I am good to go. Though I did see a Nicole... what does anyone think of that one?

I just wanted to tell people of my super special find and how ecstatic I am! LOL :nuts:

Thanks CompassRose! I certainly missed you (and the thread!) I am right now really into MJ, Kooba, and HAYDEN HARNETT. Recently I have been into Coach and am out of the Coach craze. Maybe a nice wristlet or something for Xmas cos those are just cute. But as for now, I definitely want one Hayden Harnett handbag as my first. I don't know about the Nicole though. I haven't read too many reviews and I definitely have a limit so I probably won't get it bc it's way out of my limit, but it still looks really good. Do you (or anyone else) have more info regarding it? But it feels nice to complete your wish list... I won't have to be looking/worrying!

I think Lexie is still around. Keep posting for her and she'll appear like magic!:P

The Nicole is a bag I always wanted to try, like the Meredith, but never did. If you get one, I'd love to hear how you like it.

Hi Grace,
The Nicole to me looks very functional. I actually have another purse from Banana Republic that looks like it and is very similar, w/ the two exterior side zippers, so I probably won't get it. I wish I could try it out though! I like the flap but afraid it will get in the way of things. And the other plus is that it is probably much bigger than my BR. But I feel like I don't HAVE to have it right now, lol. Any opinions are greatly appreciated though. I haven't read too much on the Nicole on this forum.

I think Lexie is still around. Keep posting for her and she'll appear like magic!:P

The Nicole is a bag I always wanted to try, like the Meredith, but never did. If you get one, I'd love to hear how you like it.

And ......"POOF" here I am...LOL
The Nicole is a pretty pretty bag. I would not suggest it in Dusty Rose (The leather is delicate and spots). Also the Slate color will turn yellow but the Cognac does well. I had the Cognac but sold it. Very pretty but kinda hard to get into. I have a problem with top flaps (they mostly irritate me) and the opening is not really large. This is a bag that looks large but is more medium I would say due to access.
I'd think they would be fairly hard to find in new condition.

Here's my old thread and pics with my hubby modeling.

http://forum.purseblog.com/kooba/my-kooba-nicole-and-my-personal-model-112059.html

I'm sooo excited - I got my Brynne too! Actually both of the ones I sold 3 years ago and was kicking myself for!
I had the Brynne in Oak and Black - got both from NeimanMarcus.com on sale - the Oak was my very first Kooba!
They're both in like new condition so I'm super thrilled to get them. I thought it would take a while to find a black Brynne but lo and behold someone listed one a few weeks ago and I was able to snag it! I also got a brand new with tags Brynne in Camel a few months ago and now I'm thinking I don't REALLY need 3 Brynnes but I love 'em so much I'm going to keep all three!:biggrin:

awesome! i'm so jealous. kooba bags can be a little bit on the expensive side so it's always such a treat when i get one. i've had some of mine for a while and to this day, they're still in extremely good shape! i'll be stuck with my kooba bags for a while but i'm not complaining haha