i got my bridesmaids dress back...

you look great in that strapless... and i luv that dress... my best friend also had us wear that dress for her wedding, i have it in purple.. it's got such a retro vibe to it.

I think you look amazing (and very classy!) in the dress!! I like it with and w/o the shall :yes: The bride did a great job picking out a dress that could be worn to a formal occasion again!! ;)

My gosh, I wished I looked half as gorgeous as you when I was the matron of honor at my sister's wedding. The problem was, I was asked to wear a strapless gown -- I had just had a baby, and about 30lbs overweight :cry: Like you, I have a complex with the strapless gown too... I really fought for it, but in the end a small victory, I got a MoH gown with spaghetti straps. It was minor, but it really helped me feel alot more relaxed! (The darn strapless bra was another story...)

But no worries, you look absolutely awesome in that gown. I'd choose some nice creamy pearls and/or an ivory cream silk shrug or sheer shawl. You need to know you will be feeling relaxed at this event, not stressing. People will stare, but only to admire you.

ilzabet said:
i didn't think about looking for something scarf-y or chiffon. i bet that would look better. what color do you think?

my main thought with the pashmina/shawl thing (besides covering) was about being warm! :smile: i'm really cold blooded, and even though the wedding's in july, it doesn't get much above 60 degrees here.

I totally understand your concern of the temperature, I'm the same way. Plus I always think one'd look much better when dressed warm. :yes: I think a cream coloured shrug would look fantastic with your dress. Or really pale pink would do a nice job as well. I like the style of the shrug you have on, because it's fitted so shows of your figure, and it stays on nicely, which I think it's important, since you can move around comfortablly without worrying about it falling off. I think even a very thin cashmere/cotton/silk mixed fabric would do really nicely.
And you really do look fantastic in the dress, very lady-like and classy as well. One suggestion though, why don't you try a simple yet high quality pearl necklace? I think it'd compliment your skin tone and bring up the class even more!

thank you all again for your amazingling kind words. :flowers: i feel much better about the whole thing now...but i think i will take all your advice about a different shrug (and this time -only- for warmth, not for covering) :biggrin:

rainrowan said:
I'd choose some nice creamy pearls and/or an ivory cream silk shrug

creampuff said:
One suggestion though, why don't you try a simple yet high quality pearl necklace?

personally i would choose pearls too, but the bride bought us all matching jewelry sets as bridesmaid gifts. i haven't seen them yet, but i know they're sparkly. she has good taste, so i'm not worried. one less thing to think about. :smile:

I am a mother of a soon to be:shame: 18 year old! yikes! I am dating myself!:shocked: How did she get so old as I am staying so young? My point is that I have always brought her up to be modest and lady like (and she has obeyed and seems to be quite comfortable).

I just bought her a strapless dress to wear for her birthday! I was not too sure, but, when she tried it on, I thought she just looked fantastic:love: (must have been that smile of hers, because, in all honesty, I think this dress looks like she should be carrying a baton and leading the marching band, don't tell her I said that!) what do I know, I am old! Anyway, this is the Marie Antoinette look that is so in right now.

You look fantastic too! It looks, from this photo, as if you feel good in this dress! And you look wonderful, so, if that is in sync, then you are beautiful! I think it is a beautiful dress, and I think it suits you perfectly! :yes: It is almost impossible to see how great a dress looks on someone until you see if it makes their personality pop! If you feel good in that dress (and you should) then work it, girl!

Attachments

• Mia's dress.JPG
    Mia's dress.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 65
hunny, I think that dress is fabulous on you! the colour is just perfect! I think in all honesty you'd be better with the shrug. It really gives the dress a great silhouette & adds that touch of Grace Kelly glamour! I love your hair like that with the dress too!

But the black is too harsh. I would go for a pale gold or a soft, non sparkly greyish silver.

I think you'll feel a lot more comfoirtable & at ease with the shrug than without it. I'm a pashmina girl through & through, don't own a single shrug (I have veeeeeeeeeery large chest & it looks like I just burst out of a jumper ~kinda like the Hulk bursting out of his shirt~ if I wear a shug :sad: ) but the only issue is that you do have to sort of hold them on you, as obviously they aren't attached to you, where as with the shrug, its not like its going to fall off your arm or slip down your shoulder, its going to stay in place and give you that little bit of confidence you will need to enjoy the ceremony & the day without feeling self conscienous.

I'm not saying that you need to cover up at all hun, but I know where you are coming from & I think you'll be able to relax & enjoy the day more in a shrug.

Hope I've helped a little

Jennifer Marvin said:
I am a mother of a soon to be:shame: 18 year old! yikes! I am dating myself!:shocked: How did she get so old as I am staying so young? My point is that I have always brought her up to be modest and lady like (and she has obeyed and seems to be quite comfortable).

I just bought her a strapless dress to wear for her birthday! I was not too sure, but, when she tried it on, I thought she just looked fantastic:love: (must have been that smile of hers, because, in all honesty, I think this dress looks like she should be carrying a baton and leading the marching band, don't tell her I said that!) what do I know, I am old! Anyway, this is the Marie Antoinette look that is so in right now.

You look fantastic too! It looks, from this photo, as if you feel good in this dress! And you look wonderful, so, if that is in sync, then you are beautiful! I think it is a beautiful dress, and I think it suits you perfectly! :yes: It is almost impossible to see how great a dress looks on someone until you see if it makes their personality pop! If you feel good in that dress (and you should) then work it, girl!

cute dress