I got an EMPTY BOX TOO!

I received a box from LV yesterday that I ordered online. It came from California. It was one of the smaller boxes that you use the pull tab to pull off to open. The box did not look like it had been tampered with in any way. My UPS driver handed it to me. I opened the outer box to find the orange envelope with my receipt, return instructions, return label and the orange box without a blue ribbon. Still no worries......I pull the draw open on the orange LV box and it is COMPLETELY empty. No card case or dust bag. Nothing, completely empty orange LV box. I called LV immediately and told them. They are opening an investigation. I was told it could take 14 days to complete the investigation. I told them I really don't think it was stolen because the box looked secure. I truly think they forgot to put my card holder in the box and then shipped the empty LV box. I did call my credit card company and told them what happened and asked how long I had to file a charge back. I was told 119 days. I didn't ask them to file the charge back but ask them to note my call in their records. I'm going to give LV the 14 days to resolve the issue and either send me another card holder or refund my money. It is the new Recto Verso Card Holder so I hope they still have some available when they complete the investigation.

So disappointing !! Sorry, what an unfortunate experience to wait for something you really want only to have it missing....In the past few months all of the things I've received have been dumped off at my door sans signature...when I look to see who signed for it, it lists "Covid Smith"....!! it's too easy for stuff to get stolen or lost. I think from now on we will have to video ourselves opening these boxes so that there is evidence these items are (un)(In)tentionally being "lost" and not having to wait months to get our $$ refunded. Hope this resolves quickly !!

Reactions: 880
So disappointing !! Sorry, what an unfortunate experience to wait for something you really want only to have it missing....In the past few months all of the things I've received have been dumped off at my door sans signature...when I look to see who signed for it, it lists "Covid Smith"....!! it's too easy for stuff to get stolen or lost. I think from now on we will have to video ourselves opening these boxes so that there is evidence these items are (un)(In)tentionally being "lost" and not having to wait months to get our $$ refunded. Hope this resolves quickly !!
Thanks. I hope it is resolved quickly too.

Reactions: 880
I agree.....I think it was just a mistake. I just hope it gets resolved quickly. I really want the new Recto Verso Card Holder and I'm afraid it will become hard to find before they finish their investigation. :sad:

UPDATE
LV refunded my money. I'm not sure what/how they came to their conclusion because I wasn't contacted and told how their investigation came to conclusion. I'm just happy I got my refund without any trouble.
thank goodness they refunded your money, but did it really take them over a month to investigate and resolve this issue?

Glad to hear you got a refund! This is one of the reasons why I started shipping items to the boutique for pickup instead of having it delivered to my house for online orders. I know for some, pickup is not an option though so it’s scary to think that getting an empty box is a possibility nowadays.

Do you feel comfortable ordering from online after this experience? I too prefer to ship to the store but there was a time when that was not possible. Fortunately, all of my orders arrived intact and in good shape. Sorry you had this experience but great that at least you got your money back.